Thread: Counter Strike Source locking up and games having black lines and tearing.

Counter Strike Source locking up and games having black lines and tearing.

Hey all. Having a problem with my computer. In CSS i have been having a problem, i play it for 4 minutes, it is running fine, all of a sudden it just freezes for like 30 seconds then it automatically gets out of it back to the desktop. I look for error logs. No errors whatsoever! Also in trackmania nations forever there have been black lines running through the screen and in tony hawks underground 4 there has been graphical tearing. I have tryed two video cards and they are known working ones. My X1950 Pro is only brand new so swapped for another and tryed new drivers. Nothing. Still the same problem!! Its so annoying and i can't figure it out!please can someone help to get its solution ?

Re: Counter Strike Source locking up and games having black lines and tearing.

try switching the cable from the card to the monitor with another known working one. that has caused me some wierd issues in the past.
    might be same for you, but it is starting to sound like a motherboard issue.

have you upgrade any bios .So this can be due to that.Check out the temps. It may be getting too hot.if it's overheating, download rivatuner and turn the fan up. that only occurs with overheating because it's a gpu issue.

its not necessarily true that heat is the only cause of your problem ; its may be RMA or card evga . there are several causes of such problem as defective card memory or not enough power getting to the card etc etc.if your
    temps is around 50 * c and that definitely not too hot try underclocking the card and see what happens .