Thread: Error Running Battlefield Vietnam on Vista

Error Running Battlefield Vietnam on Vista

Hey Guys!
    Help Me please... I'm not able to play BattleField Vietnam on my vitsa ultimate 64-bit. Help me guys. Is there and OS tweak or registry tweak that i need to make to run the game in vista x64? I'm too frustrated now tryin all this time without any luck!
    Problem : I can start the game go to customize player when i click on the use button, the game crashes sometimes and when it doesn't crash, i don't see crosshair and the graphics is too weird. Please Help Guys!

Re: Error Running Battlefield Vietnam on Vista

Battlefield 1942 work fine on Vista Ultimate 64-bit until you install Battlefield Vietnam.
    I tried to install all the possible patches but couldn't make it run! Could anyone help us! Would too Greatfull of you!

I had a similar problem with Vista, Download the following patches, might work for you:
    BFV - 1.21
    BF42 - 1.6.19
    And make sure you loggin as administrator and run the game in administrator mode, Vista has too many unnecessary security options in all section.
    Hope this might work for you!

Thanks guys! But still no luck! BattleField Vietnam isn't working still, after installing the patch and when the game crashes it give me a link to download the patch which i have already installed! Please help Guys! This game is gettign on my nerve now!

It seems to be a quite irritating problem! Well you've have installed all the Patches and tweaks thats ok, but not to forget, have you updated your Graphics driver to the most latest? If they are already the latest then try to install to a previous version! There are a lot of buys in many newer versions of graphics driver.
    Anyways, All the best!

I haven't tried to work around with the graphics driver yet, but i'll try that too...! Hope this works! I don't want to install Windows XP all over again! Anyways Thanks Guys!