Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-02-2009

Problem with Atlantis 3

I have a computer with Windows XP Pro, Intel Pentium 4. I have 37GB free on my hard drive but still I can not play my favorite game: Atlantis 3.

The game is installed, I can see the beginning of the demo in its entirety, I can move my character on the first "plateau", but when I speak to that first guy I meet (which is essential to go to the following game), I get this error: "atlantis3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" etc ...

During installation of the game, I was proposed to install Direct Sound 7, but it also gave me "serious problem". I tried installing the latest direct sound, I download, I run the installation, apparently all goes well, but I can not find directX in my programs ...

I can not tell you much about the sound card ...

I have installed other games similar (Syberia,...) and I had no problems, but impossible to play Atlantis 3 ...
Old 20-02-2009

Re: Problem with Atlantis 3

DirectX7 is incompatible with XP, do not install it because xp has its DirectX, default is D9b.

Your graphics card is what? Is the drivers updated?

Quote:
Config advised: P2 450, 64 MB RAM
Start>> Run>>> dxdiag>>> Enter. Do the tests and see if DX7 did not took place at dx9.
Old 20-02-2009

I do the tests, no problem anywhere. It is DirectX9.0c

By against, I do not know where to find info on my graphics card, and I do not know which driver you speak ... I have automatic updates regularly, but I do not know more ... sorry for my ignorance on the subject ...
Old 20-02-2009

The symptoms also resemble from a daemon tools or equivalent installed on your pc, disables this kind of thing, and your antivirus temporarily (especially if Avast!).

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: ,