Thread: How to remove the patch 1.4 of COD 4 ?

How to remove the patch 1.4 of COD 4 ?

Hello,
    I want to delete the 1.4 patch to install the 1.3 or 1.2 I can not find it in the folder of the game and I do not want to uninstall to reinstall cod4 after can you give me a combination to avoid this please ?
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Re: How to remove the patch 1.4 of COD 4 ?

hi,
    You can't just remove patches. A patch, once installed, becomes a permanent part of the game or software since what it does is replace main files of the game with better and up-to-date ones. If you really don't like the effect(s) of the patch, the only way to get rid of them is to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Creating a back-up of the files of game before the patch is installed is also somewhat effective, if you're willing to waste time and hard drive space that is lol, but because many patches are archived or registered through the system whenever they're installed, the back-up might not just work and the game or software might just crash whenever you run it or won't work anymore.

Re: How to remove the patch 1.4 of COD 4 ?

hi,
    certain patch can be uninstalled (runaway2 for example), but for COD4, the only way is to reinstall the game. If you reinstall CoD4 it will be put back to its original status without any of the patches applied. Or you canDo a system restore to a date BEFORE you installed the 1.5 patch. There are very few servers left that play that version online though. Most are up to 1.6. Of course all changes made to your system will roll back from that date you restore to....