Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem loading games (cs 1.6, Warhammer Online)

Video Games

Old 10-02-2009

Problem loading games (cs 1.6, Warhammer Online)

Hello everyone,
Here I decided to post after having exhausted all my assumptions of problem solving. Here it is in detail: I discovered while trying to play Counter Strike 1.6. At each load, whether in solo or multi-player, the game was still stuck on the step precaching resources ", forcing me to leave the game by completing the process. I found trying to play Warhammer Online, the game starts, connects to the server, but when loading the game, it gets stuck on the "loading", it is to say. (Ditto for leaving the game manager and end process) After a first analysis, we see that the problem is not the network connection since the first case, Steam launches and connects, and I can see a list of online servers in CS. In the second, the game also happens to connect to the server list. For information, I managed to overcome all this by creating a new user, on which I "log" for play. This user, like my main account is linked to the group "Administrators". Unfortunately, I only bypasses the problem.

To return to this issue, I would simply stay on the same session to play and not having to change users.

What can be done on my initial session I can not while on the second (without modification or special settings) everything works smoothly.

Os
  • Vista Business 32bits
Configuration:
  • Motherboard: ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi-AP @ n - Chipset Intel X48 / ICH9R
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
  • Hard Disk: 2 * Western Digital Caviar SE - 80 GB - 7200 rpm - 8 MB - SATA-II RAID0
  • Graphics Card: 2 * SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 4850-Cross

Old 10-02-2009

Re: Problem loading games (cs 1.6, Warhammer Online)

Hello,

Since your problem appears to be resolved in this new user account that you created, this will certainly say that your normal account is corrupted. Create a new account as shown in Duplicate his account, while preserving a 1st time user account that works for your If everything is normal again in this new account, you can eliminate those who do not work.

Keep us informed

The Greatest Sig Ever
Old 10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boo Bear View Post
Hello,

Since your problem appears to be resolved in this new user account that you created, this will certainly say that your normal account is corrupted. Create a new account as shown in Duplicate his account, while preserving a 1st time user account that works for your If everything is normal again in this new account, you can eliminate those who do not work.

Keep us informed
Hello,

This is the solution which I decided last night. Everything works properly. The transfer of data and the deletion of the first count are well spent. However, I can always explain this problem (and that's what most bothers my conscience ). And from what I have read on various forums, the problem returns even after formatting. (A test will be when the time comes ... ). If I have more information about this topic I will add it thanks!

Good day.
Old 10-02-2009

Hi

I had the simiar problem .It seem to be found the error and does not necessarily require to create a second session.

In fact we must go on the icon of CS (CS 1.6)
=> Right-click above
=> Property
=> Security
=> Advanced
=> Owner
=> Edit
=> Other users group
=> Please enter SYSTEM
=> Click OK / OK / OK / OK

I realized this because when you create a second session, that this is directly SYSTEM (after research of the problem for 1 hour ) (May be for other games it is the same that is)

Test and it was working at least for me
Good afternoon

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , ,