Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to install games on a netbook with no cd/dvd drive?

Video Games

Old 04-02-2009

How to install games on a netbook with no cd/dvd drive?

Hi,
Here I have a Medion Akoya 1210 NETBOOK with windows XP and I want to install the Sims 2. I have no USB CD drive. . How do I install witout external CD/DVD drives .thank you in advance.

Old 04-02-2009

Re: How to install games on a netbook with no cd/dvd drive?

A NETBOOK is made to go on the net and make 2 or 3 things like MSN. Play games or install via a CD or DVD, this is impossible.
Old 04-02-2009

The only way is buy a external USB CD/DVD drive. But i don't think so netbook will run any high graphic oriented game effectively.
Old 04-02-2009

Yup i think there is the way but quite illegal. I mean making ISO image and mounting it on virtual drive with daemon tools etc.
Old 04-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Yup i think there is the way but quite illegal. I mean making ISO image and mounting it on virtual drive with daemon tools etc.
Read forums rule . If illegal stuffs will be mention, then the thread will be closed.
Old 04-02-2009

Yes I think its illegal to do such things.
But I am even more interested knowing how this illegal installation is detected?
I have seen people installed games in such illegal way & enjoying the fun of free games! I hope this discussion will not be considered as illegal!

Oh sorry I made a boo-boo!
Old 26-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
That's not illegal. Making an ISO image of a game you own is not illegal. Certain countries (eg. USA) terms & conditions allows people to make ONE or several "backup copies" of their software. The only restriction is that that SOFTWARE can only be ran one at a time at any given time... say you installed it at work.. and also at home...

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,