Thread: What do you think about battery plot of The Walking Dead?

What do you think about battery plot of The Walking Dead?

Let me know if you have played The Walking Dead game. if you had noticed this particular part of the game then I am sure about that it would destroy your playing fun. Carly had a radio in the game and she does not check the batteries even though it were not working. She does not aware of how batteries supposed to look alike. Also she does putting batteries into different manner. Clementine seems to enough smarter than another. She is aware of how a radio works. Such kind of stuffs makes the game a bit humorist. However I am bit amazed she stayed lived enough in the game. she needs always someone who can save her life. So I don’t think so she supposed to be valuable for any players into the game. even she will not be able to survive in second episode of the game.

Re: What do you think about battery plot of The Walking Dead?

She is a radio reporter in the game and she supposed to write news stories and talks on microphone. She is having a tech guy with her and she supposed to handle all technical issues. Hence Carly did not required to learn about how battery should work with a radio. I think you are right Carly supposed to die in Episode 2. So it seems to be difficult to say who is going to save in the game. though carly is not having much knowledge about technical but still she knows one can make use of gun in the game.

Well I do agree with the thing which you have mentioned over here. it seems to be true that is she is not aware of working of radio. She is a radio reporter of Atlanta which is big city. Hence she supposed to have a technical guy who would work out on all technical issues. Whereas Reporter did not supposed to do anything apart from holding mic. So probably she is so not aware of how a old radio would work and battery in the game. as she is one of the youngest character in the game

I don’t think so there is a major issue if she supposed to be young. Also there could be several reason why she is not having much knowledge about working of old radio. She might be not having any of grandparents which could let her know about older devices. She might be one of pampered rich kids who are not cared about them after they grow up. There are many people who are in 20s not having much idea about them. there are many young women who are not having much knowledge about to insert battery in the devices. Also brains of some people are getting shut down in stress. So she could be people of that kind of as well.

After going through all the posters above I don’t agree with you at all… Actually Carly does not wanted say that she was not aware of what do you mean by battery she said ‘I wouldn't know what to look for.’ Rather than she is not having knowledge about what type of battery you are looking for. As there are several batteries available with different kind of size and types. So she might be little bit confused about batteries.

I will be able to save Doug as Carly had a gun and it implies that she supposed to protect herself without having much trouble. if you are able to save Doug then you will not required to get gun in the game. it seems to be great commodity in apocalypse. If radio does not seems to working then she would checkout all out all the things but she wont check battery compartment of radio. After sometime she managed to get batteries and she was so confused that she was not able to put battery properly. even I gave battery to Carly , Lee was constantly asking about to searching more batteries. Finally I convinced her that batteries were placed on stores and they were supposed to came in pair only.

I don’t have any issue with level of stupidity involved in the game. it seems to be immersion-breaker. I think the developer of the game has done poor thing. it seems that they are trying to show difference between Carley and Doug. Carley has great defense skills where as zero technical skills. However Doug is technical enough. Hence at the time of selection it is totally dependent on test of yours. they are called as young and I think why they are called them young because they are not aware of plenty of items which are using batteries. She is aware of an electronic device would need power so if you are saying that she is going to be confused between battery size then it seems to be walk argument in my opinion. There should be an issue and it should be fixed by the developers. I love this particular game but I am not able to ignore the issue which you have stated over here.
    In this particular game I had selected Doug since Carley was stupid. Anyone who can operate TV should be able to program a universal remote in case you are not able to do the same then you should look for button which is named as P or Program. We all are gamers so they developers please make the thing more intelligent.

As far as my opinion is concerned different people are having different kind of skill sets. If developer of games can make such a silly mistake then it is likely that Carley could place the batteries in wrong manner in stressful situation. another thing is possible that she supposed to draw an attention of Doug. But he was not able to pay an attention on her as he was in corner. Lee enters into the picture and fixes the issue with radio.