Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Installing Grand Theft Auto IV in Windows 7

Re: Installing Grand Theft Auto IV in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Robert1441 View Post
    Thanks all, I have read all the help you have given, but I am less than sharp with computers!!!
    I can install the game ok, but as I am playing it, at one point, sooner or later, and not to far in the gane, I get kicked out...says...Fatel Error 404. on this Alien laptop. Never had any problems with other games!!
    Can you please tell me what I should to to fix this.

Thank you!!!!
    What is the make/model of your dell alienware laptop? Try the below suggestions to solve your issue:

- Update to the newest NVIDIA ( http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx ) / ATI ( http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx )
    - Update to the most recent drivers for your motherboard chipset
    - Update to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en )
    - Restart your computer

what abt system req??????

any 1 have any idea abt this???????????

Hello I am having a problem with seeing the buildings and roads on my laptop. I am running a intel core i5 cpu m 430 @2.27 ghz 4 gb of memory intel graphics media accelerator hd. I would assume that it would run fine but its not. Anyone have any idea how to fix this so I can play. Thanks

First thing that i will advise you to install the latest video driver for your board which might be not working with the same. Also do let me know whether you are using the external Graphic Card or not. Check whether yous system is satisfying the system requirement of the game or not. Go with the below given link which is having the detail about the system requirement for GTA IV.
    GTA 4 system requirement

Thanks rockon for the reply. No its not an external video card. Will have to check about getting the latest video drivers

Quote Originally Posted by tazz5252 View Post
    Thanks rockon for the reply. No its not an external video card. Will have to check about getting the latest video drivers
    Another solution for your issue is to Turn Off the Aero Theme in Windows 7 and then check whether you are getting the same issue or not. Also it is advisable that you should disable all the application which is using the Graphic. So if you can then go with these steps first and then plan for New Graphic Card. I hope this will resolve your issue.

thanks adonis tried turning off the areo themes still had the problem. will try the other idea if not I guess a new card

Sir I have pirated copy of gta 4 which is to b extract and then we can play...but when i complete the extracting process and when the installation starts it is saying that " NOT ENOUGH STORAGE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND" but I have 56 gb free space and it requires only 25 gb space.................. so what can i do sir............pls tell me............................................:

This does not looks the issue of hard drive space. This looks the issue of low ram. For this if you have any different partition then try to install the setup files of GTA in a difference place. Second you must remember that pirated software are buggy. They are infected with virus and there are maximum chances of crash and bugs. Try to free up your ram from task manager by ending up some process.

unsure Re: Installing Grand Theft Auto IV in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. V View Post
    Open DVD 1
    2> Open GTAIV Folder
    3> Right Click on Setup > Properties
    4> Go to the compatibility tab
    5> Tick: Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    6> Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the list (NOT - WINDOWS VISTA WON'T WORK)
    7> Ok
    hey i now how u get the change to windows Service pack 2, but when i start i get a error (SecuLauncher failed to start application. 2000)
    how i get it away.

Quote Originally Posted by seronti View Post
    hey i now how u get the change to windows Service pack 2, but when i start i get a error (SecuLauncher failed to start application. 2000)
    how i get it away.
    "SecuLauncher failed to start application. 2000" seems to be with some missing miscellaneous windows drivers, so i just wanted to know that have you installed all the exe's including the msi file that will be in your first DvD (DvDDRIVE:\GTAIV\Redistributable\*.exe), if not then install the same and see if it is making any difference in your case or not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23