Thread: Battlefield 2 weapons singleplayer unlocks?

Battlefield 2 weapons singleplayer unlocks?

Hi all,
    I know you can't play with unlocks in singleplayer, but is there a mod or patch that can make this happen. I have no internet often and I would enjoy the singleplayer more if I could use more weapons. I know there is one for PC (FFOLKES made it I think), has anyone made it work on the mac version?

Thanks for any help !

Re: Battlefield 2142 Single Player

You can play with unlocks in single player, but only those that you've unlocked with your soldier online... provided you're connected to the internet.

If you have a friend or access to the windows version of 2142 you could install the mod on the windows version, and then just take the files it modifies and transfer them to your mac. As a matter of fact, one user on the boards was able to do that exact thing to get Northern Strike working on his mac. I don't believe there are ANY mods available for the mac version right now.

Even if you were able to extract the contents of the .exe file, you'd still need to know where to put it though. And BTW, if you DO want to dig around through your 2142 folder then go the application, right click and select "show package contents"... and then inside that folder you can find the REAL 2142 application... and then click on that and select "show package contents" for that too

Re: Battlefield 2142 Single Player

If the mod is just a regular BF2142 Mod. You upzip it and place it in the mods directory.

1. Goto your Battlefield2142.app, typically found in the Applications folder
    2. Do a "Show Package Contents"
    3. Inside you'll want to navigate to "Contents\Resources\"
    4. Do a "Show Package Contents" on the Battlefield2142.app in that folder (it'll typically open another window with yet another "Contents" folder)
    5. Inside you'll want to navigate to "Contents\Resources\transgaming\c_drive\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods\"

Place the mod files there. If the mod requires an "Installation" then you'll definitely need someone to have the mod and copy the files from their mod directory, zip them up and send them to you and then you can place them in the directory mentioned above.

angry Re: Battlefield 2 weapons singleplayer unlocks?

hey
    i've a torrented bf2142, i installed the ffolkes mod in the "Contents\Resources\transgaming\c_drive\Progra m Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods\" folder. It said it's gonna make a shortcut and then it finished installing. now the problem is that the shortcut is .exe and i need a .app.

I installed the mod using crossover.
    what can i do now?

any help?

Re: Battlefield 2 weapons singleplayer unlocks?

have you searched the Battlefield2142.app in the application folder? see read the below quote i'm not sure if it is true

Hidden away inside the Battlefield 2141.app application file are the Windows files. The exact location is Battlefield 2142.app/Contents/Resources/Battlefield 2142.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Battlefield 2142 (yes, there are really two Battlefield 2142.app files, one is inside of the other). As for some of the settings and cache files, you can locate these in your home folder at ~/Library/Preferences/Battlefield 2142 Preferences/

Re: Battlefield 2 weapons singleplayer unlocks?

Don't talk illegal Stuff on TA forums unless you want to get yourself banned...!