Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009

Help for World of Warcraft

Hi techies,
I got the World of Warcraft patch and the system started running into problem. Whenever the game is ON my computer shuts down and reboots.
The dirty thing is that all this is happening from the time i installed the patch now i am not able to play the game at all. I did also asked help from the local technician but couldn't get any help.

There are no blue screens/errors or lock ups which we usually experience, my computer just simple reboots. I almost ended checking everything including updated RAM, Graphics Drivers, Motherboard Drivers, Sound Drivers. I also ran directX tests and tried playing with all the settings to the bare minimum.
The opengl also failed to fix this problem.

One of my other experiences after the installation was, while i was playing F.E.A.R one night, during play my computer rebooted, although it only happened once and hasn't since.

Any ideas? This problem is driving me to insanity

Below are the specifications of my PC :

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
RAM: 1024mb

Please help
Old 07-01-2009

Re: Help for World of Warcraft

Try reinstalling the OS with all the drivers needed. Although rare a Network Card may cause issues.
Old 07-01-2009

I also had the same problems with my World of Warcraft, nowadays i rarely play it because it shuts my computer. and the worst thing is that i play fantasy 11 and it doesn't shut's off and my PC can be ON for all day without shutting down.

Any solutions please.
Old 07-01-2009

Thanks for your time and prompt reply, any ways i ended up buying a new graphics card and the game doesnt shut down the pc anymore.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: ,