Thread: Making Custom Decal (Spray Paint) for Counter-Strike(Both 1.6 & Condition Zero)

question Making Custom Decal (Spray Paint) for Counter-Strike(Both 1.6 & Condition Zero)

Hi Guys...
    I'm a FPS game freak... while playing CounterStrike online... i've come across many users who use their custom Spray or Decals... i dont have much knowledge abt it.... i want to create my own decal... can anybody help me...!??

ThumbsUp re: Making Custom Decal (Spray Paint) for Counter-Strike(Both 1.6 & Condition Zero)

hey all... even i have come across such thing... there are 2 kindz of sprays.... 1 which appears on the multiplayer option tab when we click options.... and the other is the color spray decal... i'm unaware of the the color decal sprays... but i know how to make a black & white spray which is shown in the multi player option... Here are the steps:
    1) Open mspaint.
    2) goto image tab, select attribute option.
    3) set the attribute to 64 x 64 (its a very small area. can use the magnifier)
    4) make a design that u want to use as the spray.
    5) the desing must be in white color & the background must be of black color.
    6) the black color used as background is transparent during game play & is not Displayed....
    7) the white color that must be used for designing will be of the predefined color that can be selected from the multiplayer tab of option in the game.
    8)now after completing the designing save it in 256 Color Bitmap & give any name...
    9) copy the created image file to logos folder inside valve folder. valve folder is located in the folder where counter strike is installed. [Default Dir=C:\Program Files\Valve\valve\logos].
    10)now delete any one logo or ur custom created logo will not work....
    11)Start Counter-Strike goto Options Select Multiplayer tab select the logo u created from the list, select a color & enjoy...!!
    hope this helped u...!!

re: Making Custom Decal (Spray Paint) for Counter-Strike(Both 1.6 & Condition Zero)

Hey guys,

its quite simple to make a custom colour decal.

• Download decal_converter.zip
    • Extract the archive & run DecalConverter.exe
    • click on options & select the first option "Half-Life Game Folders..."
    • click add & select a folder that u want to use to save the custom decals. then click ok to exit the add directory window...
    • click on file-> open picture.
    • select appropriate height & width.
    • make sure the size which is below width & height option is less then 12288.[when more the colour of size will be red]
    • size equal to 12288 will also not work.[colour of size will be black but still wont work]
    • when you are done with the height & width with respect to the size click on decal option & click on Make Decal.
    • A file with name "pldecal.wad" will be created in the folder u selected.
    • Right click on the file, goto properties, & make the file Read Only, otherwise the decal wont work.
    • Copy the file to cstrike folder which is located in the folder where counter-strike is installed. [Default Dir to copy pldecal.wad is "c:\Program Files\Valve\cstrike"]
    • start the game, no need to select any decal from multiplayer option under option menu. this decal will not be listed the multiplayer spray option. just start the game and test the spray... default key is "T" while pointing at a wall.

see you guys...!! i'll need the feed backs so tht i can improve my work further...!!

ThumbsUp re: Making Custom Decal (Spray Paint) for Counter-Strike(Both 1.6 & Condition Zero)

hey guys! tried methods of both of u.
    it worked absouletly gr8 for me!
    thanx! lot of game geeks here!!
    thanx once again! TechArena Rockz!!

re: Making Custom Decal (Spray Paint) for Counter-Strike(Both 1.6 & Condition Zero)

i've turned insane. have made so many decals. hahahaha! once again thanx for the stuff!

Re: Making Custom Decal (Spray Paint) for Counter-Strike(Both 1.6 & Condition Zero)

dang ive been trying this for like 2 hours now and it wont work any help plsss T.T