Thread: How to Create Your Own Server in Counter-Strike Source

How to Create Your Own Server in Counter-Strike Source

I play a counter strike source for a long time and I would like to create my own server, but I do not know how to do so please someone could tell me and how much does it cost?

Re: How to Create Your Own Server in Counter-Strike Source

This is just a simple tutorial! It ONLY covers the basics of making a CSS server!

Lets Get Started! laugh.gif

1. Download the HLDS Update Tool from here.
    2. Once it is downloaded to your desktop, run it and go through it like you would any installer.
    3. When you reach the part where it says which directory, we use c:\HLserver
    3.1 Complete the installer, the go to step 4
    4. Go to run, then type cmd, then when the command prompt is open we type cd C:\HLServer
    5. Once it is updated, put this .bat file in the folder C:\HLServer
    6. Run the .bat file. You might want to go somewhere or have lunch because the server files are >1gb.
    7. When it is done, run the .bat file again, too see if it missed something.
    8. When that is done, you will have all the files necessary to run your server! We have a few more steps though.
    9. Go to the hlserver directory, and right click srcds.exe and click create shortcut.
    10. Right click that new shortcut and delete everything in the target field.
    10b. In the target field type this: "C:\HLServer\srcds.exe" -console -game cstrike -port 27015 -autoupdate +maxplayers 12 +map de_dust
    10c. This is just an example, you can change this how you wish.
    11.You will need a server.cfg to configure your server name, and options. There is a wonderful automated server.cfg maker here.
    12. Now to fully customize it you will need the Mani Admin Plugin, you will also need custom maps to put into your server. A nice place is fpsbanana.com. Don't forget to add the maps you put in the server directory in your maplist.txt and mapcycle.txt!
    13.Congratulations! You have now made your own Counter Strike Source Server! Just run it with the srcds.com shortcut. It will pull up a console that you can use to change the map, and talk to the people in the server from your desktop!

Also you don't click srcds.exe. You click the shortcut. This dedicated server is better than the regular steam dedicated server because It's easier to configure, and it takes up less resources!

I hope you liked this simple tutorial!

You will get it more easy by this video : http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=PrakO9duFPk

This is a guide on how to setup a Counter-Strike Source server or most Source powered game for the PC on Windows XP / Vista.

You have that spare computer that is laying around and want to turn it into a server? Well it is easy to do. Follow these simple steps to have your server up and running for the whole world to play with you! You only need a Pentium 4 computer or faster, fast DSL / cable (upload speeds) and that’s about it!

To Start:

1. First download Valve’s dedicated server tool here

Follow the instructions on installing and make sure you set the install location to c:/srcds

2. Then go to Start –> Run –> type in “Cmd”

3. Type in these commands when the Cmd box opens up.

• C:
    • cd \srcds
    • hldsupdatetool

4. This will update the hldsupdatetool to the most recent version. When the cursor blinks, hit Control+C.

5. Download the required game files for the game you want to serve up.

• For Counter-Strike Source:
    • hldsupdatetool -command update -game “Counter-Strike Source” -dir C:\srcds
    • For other games, replace the quoted game with the following:
    • Garry’s Mod = “garrysmod”
    • Day of Defeat: Source = “dods”
    • Half-Life 2 Death Match = “hl2mp”
    • Team Fortress 2 = “tf” or “tf2″
    • Counter-Strike 1.6 = “cstrike”

6. Change your server configuration (player slots, etc…) in anyway you like.

7. Now we are ready to run the SRCDS in command line. Open up cmd and type in

• c:\srcds\srcds.exe -console -game cstrike +map de_dust -maxplayers 16 -autoupdate
    • Change the variables any way you like (ex. game, map, max players…)
    • Now keep in mind that if you are behind a router (which you are most likely are), you will need to forward ports that Steam uses to serve the servers. You will need to forward and open ports:

TCP Ports

Code:
    27020-27050
    UDP Ports

Code:
    1200,27000-27015

star Re: How to Create Your Own Server in Counter-Strike Source

Welcome to Planet Half-Life's very own source-powered dedicated server guide! In this article, I will explain how to install, configure and run the Source dedicated server. I've tried to be as clear and detailed as possible, and I've included pictures of just about everything that I discuss. I will start with the minimum requirements and then move to the installation of a classic Counter-Strike: Source dedicated server. The rest of the article deals with other server sundries such as admin etiquette, plug-ins, etc. If you have any further questions after reading this guide, you are always free to visit the Source Dedicated Server Community forums and ask for help—that's what we're there for!