Thread: Mod Chips

ekmon Guest

Mod Chips

What is the exact definition of a modchip and how does it benefit you in xbox live play?

I am under the impression that it helps you cheat, what is that all about? Plus are they available for Xbox 360?

I was also curious; besides modchips, how else could someone cheat on Xbox Live?

Re: Mod Chips

Well, I think that modchips are used to hack the chips on any consoles so that it can run pirated games cd's and dvd's. Pardone me if this talk is not allowed on the forums.

A modchip (short for modification chip) is a small electronic device used to modify or disable built-in restrictions and limitations of many popular videogame consoles. It introduces various modifications to its host system's function, including the circumvention of region coding, digital rights management, and copy protection checks for the purpose of running software intended for other markets, copied game media, or unlicensed third-party (homebrew) software.

Modchips are mainly used in CD/DVD-based videogame systems due to the availability and low cost of user-writable media. In addition to games consoles, modchips are also available for some DVD players to circumvent region code enforcement and user operation prohibitions.
    As more about cheats, hacks...and all that, I must say that such talks are not entertained on TechArena as they are considered unethical

Quote Originally Posted by ekmon View Post
    Plus are they available for Xbox 360?
    The latest and best Xbox 360 Mod Chips available These Xbox360 Mod Chips are the latest and greatest from all developers worldwide. Chips like Globe-360 ModChip, the NME-360 ModChip and many other Xbox 360 ModChips are there.

corimul Guest

Yep, mod chips are availabe for Xbox 360. They let you play backup copies of your games. It doesnt help you cheat in live. You cant play backup copies online because Live can detect mod chips and will ban you from ever using it. Some modchips have auto-detect feature which automatically turns them off when using Xbox Live.

syfuls Guest

Live will detect them if they are turned on. Most chips have a mechanism to detect when going online and automatically turn itself off. But there isn't any way to play backup copies online. Live will detect the chip if its on. When the Xbox 360 goes online it becomes easy for MS to detect if its using a mod chip and ban you.