Thread: unable to launch Myst V (5)

unable to launch Myst V (5)

I recently purchased the game Myst 5, it is in perfect condition and I did not used so it is completely new (not cracked). I install, everything went well during installation, but that I insert the CD-ROM in the DVD (because the CD-ROM can not read it) it make me wait a moment ( to read the CD of course) to tell me in the end,''The original disk can not be found or authenticated''(although I have the original game ..) I want to emphasize that my computer has all the pre requirements necessary for the proper functioning of the game ... so I felt that some computer problems do not know what to do or why it does not work. I hope you will be able to help me, and thank you in advance!

Re: unable to launch Myst V (5)

May be you can try to install it on another computer ... If it works on another computer, it may be because your graphics card is not compatible games. Can you provide some information about your graphics card?

Put the original game disk in the drive which you might have purchased from the store this is the only way you can play the game . If your are using a iso copied image of game then its trying to authenticate that the disk is original or not & since it cannot verify that it is an authentic cd you are using, its blocking you from playing.

If you do have an authentic (purchased) cd of the game, & you have put it in your CD drive to play from - call the game's tech support site so they can help you.

i also had another solution to this problem

• Click START and select Run
    • in run dialog box type:regedit,
    • then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>MountedDevices
    • then rightclick on MountedDevices and click on "permission" you should have a little window open what you do next is give full access to everything in the list.

that's it you are done i was also facing similar problem and tried this it worked for me hope it work for you too