Thread: Unable to play games on Web Pages?

Unable to play games on Web Pages?

Hello Game gurus,

I have some problem with online gaming and the games are also not very High-End, Whenever I try to play games online it gives me error and the error shows the white blank page, I am not able to understand what it is, and the problem is that, my other friends are able to play the same games on their computer.
    Is there any problem related to my computer?
    please suggest some recommendation.

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Unable to play games on Web Pages?

Hello,
    It may be because your browser is storing old web pages in your ‘browser cache’ – and subsequently you are seeing old web pages rather than the new ones. This problem does not affect all people, but if you are affected you will need to clear your Java and browser caches in order to properly play the new games. Here’s how you do it – it is important that you follow these instructions step by step:

Step 1: Clear your Java Cache

Here’s how you clear your Java cache:
    1. Go to your Windows Start Menu (in the bottom left corner of your Desktop)
    2. Click on “Control Panel”
    3. Click on “Java”
    4. Under the “General” tab, click on the “Settings” button listed under “Temporary Internet Files”
    5. Click on “Delete Files”
    6. Press “OK”
    7. Now follow the Browser Clear instructions below.

Step 2: Clear your Browser Cache (choose one below)

For Internet Explorer Users:
    1. Click on “Tools”
    2. Click on “Internet Options”
    3. Under the “Temporary Internet Files” section, click on “Delete Files”
    4. Check the box for “Delete all offline content”
    5. Click “OK”
    6. Close Internet Explorer completely (no windows open), then re-open and try again.

For Mozilla Firefox Users:
    1. Click on “Tools”
    2. Click on “Clear Private Data”
    3. Check the box for “Cache”
    4. Click “Clear Private Data Now”
    5. Close Firefox completely (no windows open), then re-open and try again

If you are still having issues after following these steps, restart your computer and try again.

Re: Unable to play games on Web Pages?

If you find that games on the web do not work -- for instance, if you see only a red X in the upper left corner of the area where the game should appear -- you probably do not have the Macromedia Flash player correctly installed. To fix this, download the Flash player from Macromedia's website and follow their installation instructions. A smaller number of games are written in Java. If you are still unable to play games after installing the Java and Flash plug-ins and restarting your computer, your problem may be a side effect of spyware and other invasive software on your computer.

If you are attempting to play games on a computer at work or school, it is possible that they are automatically filtered out by a proxy server. You probably will not be able to circumvent these protections, and you might be subject to disciplinary action if you attempted to do so.

Legal Note: yes, you may use sample HTML, Javascript, PHP and other code presented above in your own projects. You may not reproduce large portions of the text of the article without our express permission.

Got a LiveJournal account? Keep up with the latest articles in this FAQ by adding our syndicated feed to your friends list!