Thread: How do I format the Memory Stick Pro Duo in PSP ?

How do I format the Memory Stick Pro Duo in PSP ?

I got a PSP and for few days it is showing me only 900 KB ,, but i got 30 MB in it (and it is empty nothing is thereno songs - images nothing )

And when i try to put some Mp3 in it ,, it is saying that it doent have enough space .no the only think is formating please guys help me with formating .

Re: How do I format the Memory Stick Pro Duo in PSP ?

Before formatting your MSDP, know that it will completely erase its contents as game saves for example.

If the MSDP is not new, you need to think about making a copy of the content sure your hard drive.

Therefore turn to practice:
    • Go to Settings> System Settings
    • Formatting down on memory stick
    • Answer YES to the first warning
    • Answer YES to second warning .. if you are sure you :-)
    • Follow to the letter what is written. Turn off the console and remove the MSDP at the time it would be fatal.
    • A message indicates that everything went well. Press Y and return to the main menu.
    • You can then put on your PSP video, photos and video because all directories are useful.

You can format any size Memory Stick Duo in the Sony PSP by doing this:

1. Push the little HOME button on the bottom left of the face of the unit.
    2. Use the arrow keys to move to the SETTINGS area, then move the up and down keys until you get to System Settings.
    3. Once you are there, click on the "X" button and scroll up and down as needed to find Format Memory Stick. Click on "X" again to select that option.
    4. The Sony PSP will now confirm that you want to reformat the memory stick (which removes every file and game save thereon, of course): choose yes and it'll format in just a few seconds.

Now you have a pristine new Memory Stick to work with and should have no problems with music, photos or other material you might seek to copy onto your PSP.

I get a lot of questions from people who don't fully understand how to work with the PSP Memory Stick devices, and I believe that this is exacerbated by the fact that Windows really likes to hide files from regular users when browsing devices.

As a result, what you're seeing is that you have files that aren't being shown in a regular Windows (or Mac, for that matter) file view, but are clearly still on the Memory Stick.

Or, a simpler possibility: you're dragging things into the trash, but you aren't actually emptying the trash and deleting them from the device!

In any case, I recommend that every so often, and particularly when you first buy a memory stick, reformat it on the Sony PSP so that anything added by the memory stick manufacturer is removed, along with any hidden files you might have accidentally added.