Thread: Download Grand Theft Auto IV first update for PC

Download Grand Theft Auto IV first update for PC

The patch promised by Rockstar Games last Saturday is now available. Start your game and connect to LIVE to trigger the download. The patch is 32.6MB, takes a few minutes to install, and contains a variety of fixes including the following:
    GTA IV PC Patch

• A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.

• Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better fx during replays.

• Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice.

• Fix for ATI 1900 shadows.

• Overall savings to memory.

• Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors.

• Multiplayer character settings are preserved.

• Support for DirectInput controllers.

Rockstar have stated on our forum that they are "going to keep supporting GTA IV PC for a long time," and that we can "expect additional fixes/improvements in the future."

Download the first update for Grand Theft Auto IV on PC (32.6 MB)

Re: Download Grand Theft Auto IV first update for PC

Now you can run it without too much problem, I think you can do it with the fluidity. Obviously with some adjustments we can make it (well depending on your configuration however).

Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    Now you can run it without too much problem, I think you can do it with the fluidity. Obviously with some adjustments we can make it (well depending on your configuration however).
    Whatever but the GTA 4 release on PC was completely hopeless. A superb game with number of bugs
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Fix for ATI 1900 shadows
    What is this madness, I have no need to have a ati 1900 to have problems with the shadows. If my shades are not more beautiful after this patch, I think this will be the last games I buy rockstar.

Pity that the PC Gaming still encounter such problems, Already it is necessary to have a fairly advanced configuration, set its games, set up its games without encountering problems, and pray that the games be optimized, it must also patch games when they are badly done and we need to patch its drivers to make sure it is properly optimized. So after 10 days you can finally play "normally" a games console that came out a year ago.

In short, the PC is not necessarily the most optimal platform for video games, because we must add to this that the majority of their players download PC games illegally, I do not think it motivates a developer to invest a lot of money in a PC games.