Thread: Proximity chat in brink

Proximity chat in brink

I didn’t see any topics on the search bar does anyone know if this feature will be in the game? it a fun thing to have in some cases like when someone is blaring the radio so you can hear them trying to sneak up on you and such. I mean to say that I am willing to play this game and looking forward for the same and so was just curious to know whether the game consist the Proximity chat in brink. Any suggestion regarding the same will be helpful.

Re: Proximity chat in brink

Brink allows players to talk to each other via mic if they are registered friends on the console friends list. If not registered then at Rank 4 not sure level talking via mic is accessible. I am not sure if this is friends only or every team mate. Personally I like the system but if it turns out i need to be rank 4 to talk to my friends than I am on ice right there. And I always imagined an ability were you would hack into the enemy teams mic.

Don't care for proxy chat for the exact reason people want it. Trash talking is the most basic of immature behaviors, and while some people can manage to do it with some sense of civility and humor, most cannot. And sure I don't mind when you give away your position, but I would still rather not have to hear the conversation you're having with the person in the room with you, or the person on the phone with you, or what you like listening to, or what it sounds like when you eat.

I don't want or need to hear how awesome you think you are because you pressed a button and twiddled your thumbs well enough to kill me, particularly when I killed you the last eleven times we ran into each other. Nor do I want to hear how "cheap" I am because I shot you in the back because you happened to be facing the other way, I don't plan on whistling to get your attention next time either. Nor do I want to know what you think about my "mama" or my sister, brother, father, or dog. Keep it to yourself.

Proximity chat is an awesome feature in my opinion. There's just something more fun about knowing when you and a buddy go off on your own that you’re really on your own. You can't call for backup. You can't call out enemy positions. It adds a different dynamic. I would love to see an option for this. Proximity chat is one of those things that is extremely easy to program and can be made into an option that can be toggled on/off.