Thread: GTA IV - joystick ps2

GTA IV - joystick ps2

Hello!
    I just buy GTA IV on PC . a PS2 joystick connected via an adapter recognized by the game ?The PS2 joystick march on GTA Vice City, San Andreas and other games .

Unfortunately, I can not get a PS2 joystick on the GTA IV ... It is well recognized by windows (as shown above).

Should we obligatorily have a PS3 or Xbox joystick (as suggested menu "controls" of the game, by the way)?
    And if someone has a solution to activate the PS2 gamepad for GTA IV ...

I expect that there will be others in this case unfortunately, so connoisseurs welcome

Thank you all

Re: GTA IV - joystick ps2

There is one solution: Xpadder.

Xpadder is a freeware program that has the ability to emulate a mouse and/or keyboard using a controller or joystick. This is primarily used for playing games with poor or no controller support, but Xpadder can be used in a web browser, media player, or almost any other application. Xpadder supports the use of up to 26 controllers simultaneously and if a controller supports it, Xpadder can assign a button to make the controller rumble/vibrate.

The problem is that Xpadder (or other software) assigns keyboard has a joystick and thus once GTA 4 launch is the keyboard configuration that is taken into account. My problem is that blocking targets . Once you have a small gun on is necessarily set in free pad and the joystick it becomes very difficult to aim properly. So purists will tell me that as this game that is interesting and loses its realism with automatic locking. With the mouse I agree, but I prefer to play a GTA with my little joystick For now I can get me there because it is the beginning of the game but when I get to the major shootings this may be another story. So I cast a quick glance at the config file but without success and I would like to know if there is a small tip by activating the locking or simply whether to wait until Rockstar releases patch for the sticks that are directly recognized in the game

I love the automatic locking system ! it is there in pc ?