Thread: DJ Tiesto Announces His Own Involvement in DJ Hero

DJ Tiesto Announces His Own Involvement in DJ Hero

Despite the fact that Activision has yet to officially acknowledge the existence of DJ Hero, it appears we've already moved into the artist announcements phase. BigShot reports (via Kotaku) that popular Dutch DJ Tiesto will contribute music to the game, a fact Tiesto himself announced in his newsletter.

"We are proud to announce that Tiesto has teamed up with the game developer Activision and their latest project DJ Hero," the newsletter reads. Tiesto also had some positive words of his own to say about his involvement with the game. "I am very excited about this! I think this is a great way to introduce people into DJing," he said. "Maybe they realize it's not as easy as they think. I am sure this brings new fans to the scene; dance music is not far from hip-hop for example. Hopefully the music I have composed appeals to all kinds of fans!"

Just how extensive his involvement will be isn't specified, but then, there's a lot about this game we still don't know. Going only on a few reports from anonymous sources, the most anyone's gathered is that it'll supposedly ship with a controller that resembles a small DJ deck, it'll feature a soundtrack comprised of mash-ups, it'll have note-tracking gameplay that unsurprisingly sounds similar to Guitar Hero, and it'll have a multiplayer mode where someone can jam along with a guitar controller.

If unofficial information keeps coming at this rate, though, all that'll soon be left for Activision to do is announce the thing, and ship it to retailers.

(1up)

Re: DJ Tiesto Announces His Own Involvement in DJ Hero

Continuing "Maybe they realise it's not as easy as they think. I am sure this brings new fans to the scene, dance music is not far from hip-hop for example. Hopefully the music I have composed appeals to all kinds of fans!"

Apparently, DJ Hero will be shipped with a turntable controller, as well as being able to support various Guitar Hero peripherals for use in multiplayer games. Recently, Activision trademarked the name Dance Hero, and there has been talk of a possible Drum Hero too.

Rest assured Guitar Hero will continue to spawn sequels and spin-offs for the fans.

Re: DJ Tiesto Announces His Own Involvement in DJ Hero

DJ Hero, yet another spin-off of Guitar Hero has been re-confirmed by the rather popular Dutch DJ, DJ Tiesto. Although Activision themselves have yet to formally announce the game, it has more or less been confirmed by various other sources during the year. An excerpt from Tiesto's newletter states that: "We are proud to announce that Tiesto has teamed up with the game developer Activision and their latest project DJ Hero. I am very excited about this! I think this is a great way to introduce people into DJing."