Thread: Killzone 2 (Preview)

Killzone 2 (Preview)

Having captured all eyes at the Sony Gamer's Day, Killzone 2 was presented on the Showfloor of E3 like any other Thursday An entire level was available to the curiosity of guests the opportunity to beast in hand in much better conditions. Story of our first session of play and first impressions on the number one advantage of the PlayStation 3.

With 32-player online, Killzone 2 is hectically entertaining.

Bottom Line
    If not for its visual presence, for what reason the PlayStation 3 owners expect it so eagerly the arrival of Killzone 2? That is the question we are entitled to ask to reading and listening to comments from players highlighting the undeniable beauty of the title that his gameplay which so far has not attracted same flights. It is therefore with the desire to go beyond appearances, as attractive as they are, we're clinging to a DualShock 3 vacated on Showfloor of E3, ignoring the queue of players eager to gradually forming behind us.

You can group together in clans of four, spreading out skills from the class system and communicating via voice chat.

Contact! We immediately launched into full battle. Our transport spaceship just landed, it must be to protect them from enemy fire. Some planques wealth are scattered here and there. The first venue is the case and then we can consider a maneuver approach. Down, sinking a river sleeping under a bridge, this is perhaps an opportunity to take back to our enemies. Neither one, nor two, we rush to meet the water ... we would never reach. An invisible wall stops us, binding us to resume our advance in the axis. Things begin badly. Broadly speaking, this first session of Thursday has confirmed what we glimpsed so far: the level-design of Killzone 2 looks more conventional. Shortly (yet) cross paths, a linear progression punctuated by some more open areas. Nothing scandalous, but for a game of this magnitude can not help being a little disappointed.

Explosive, Killzone 2 is without any doubt. As shown in the video above, the title of Guerilla Games ever decrease in intensity as well and offers few opportunities to blow. The wheels are well oiled and progressing enough fluid. So, despite a path engoncé in a frame scripts, as the vast majority of SPF in recent years, the player is never out of the game by a goal he failed an unimportant. It is argued, it draws it does not arise of the question. A rare occasions, the title offers the player the lead in how to engage in combat with a group of enemies ignoring his presence. But even in such situations, the margin for maneuver is quite low and often boils down to the dilemma balls or flurry of well placed grenade? Speaking of enemies, their behavior is not very sophisticated. If we can not condemn the Artificial Intelligence on this level alone, we must still acknowledge that the Helghast singularly lacking in imagination. Upon appointment of a combat, which is take away behind a shelter and then foolishly Strafe in our direction. Having aligned the bulk of the group so we were just the latest round pick to recalcitrant rifle butts, without fearing for one second movement encircling or taking any initiative to dislodge us from our own coverage (if n 'is a grenade from time to time). Clashes unfortunately become a bit mechanical ...

Fortunately the situation is still quite varied. Between the cover of a convoy that will monitor and protect despite outbreaks enemy, the taking of a turret overlooking a field of battle to stem waves swamping the enemy or the use of a tank in a duel between ironclads, the first level has ourselves. Something increasingly rare, the SIXAXIS has been convened for the opening of a valve. In short, as we noted above, the uninterrupted action. Remains open to the inevitable chapter on technology. Killzone 2 is so beautiful, beautiful, you do not have to expect to get back account. But the slap is past and, in the opinion of your servant, it is really time that the game is decided to leave. February 2009 we seem to date almost too far. So much for the little blasé remark. It remains to acknowledge the work done on physics since so much is destructible environments, adding further to the fury of fighting. We may be less enthusiastic about the location of the damage that the trailers promised much further.

Conclusion
    Killzone 2 has all the arguments for lovers rejoice shooters explosives. Beautiful, nervous, relatively diverse in terms of the level covered, it does lack the time for a more advanced Artificial Intelligence to convince. Yet for a title of this magnitude we expected a little more originality. Perhaps we expect too much, but, while solid (almost) all points of view, unfortunately, Killzone 2 looks a little too academic, some would say cold ... Hopefully the final version dispel that impression!

Re: Killzone 2 (Preview)

I understand your everybody wanting to wait, and critcs arent wrong all of the time, but lately i've noticed that games are great when they say they are crap. I wouldnt go with the reviews on whether or not you buy games ne more, i see them more as a way for ppl to get out what "they" thought of the game, nothing against ya or ne thing man.

Killzone I think wasnt as good as it was hyped to be because they tried to do too many things that the system couldnt handle figureing PS2 had least amount of power outta all the systems durring that cycle. I'm not over the top about killzone or ne so i'm not defending it because of this, but the developers had some good ideas with the wrong system and they learned from their mistake. I mean heck they made Liberation on the PSP and that was way better then the PS2 game haha, so i think they are getting a grip on what makes sony games good, so I have high hopes that they have done the same with this game.