Thread: I can not launch UT3

I can not launch UT3

Hello,
    I just bought the game Unreal Tournament 3, but it does not
    after all I have correctly install the game launches and the screen turns blue and this is what he writes:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Make sure you have enough disk space if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or contact the manufacturer to obtain the updated driver. Try to replace the video card.
    Consult your hardware vendor for any BIOS update. Disable options BIOS memory such as caching or shadowing if you are forced to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components. ati3duag.dll

After that I have to reset the PC. My hard disk is not full
    I was not an error message that speaks driver. I then try to update the drivers for my video card, but they did not work and said that the pilot was compatible with the previous version of windows. But he still running on the PC of my father who is newer and has windows vista.

MY PC:
    Motherboard: ASUS A8N5X
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200 + 2.01 Ghz
    Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 256MB
    RAM: 2GB
    Windows XP PRO SP2

Minimum configuration for the game:
    Windows XP SP2 or Vista
    2.0Ghz single core processor
    512MB RAM
    NVIDIA 6200 + or ATI Radeon 9600 +

so to me the problem must come either not powerful enough processor, or graphics card driver or BIOS that is not a day: s
    I know my really very little computer for you so if you look at my problem and solve it I would be really very grateful.

Thank you!

Re: I can not launch UT3

Hi

Considering the error message you go you should try updating graphics drivers in the first place

Get them on the site ati.com

Make sure your drivers are up to date. If they are, its probably due to your system specs... I'd say you're close to minimum, but I'm no expert with ATI cards..

I have the same issue, Dorota. I'm actually using an nVidia GeForce 6800 GS, but since my first try I immediately crash to a BSOD that forces a restart. Not too easy to debug, eh? I've tried a few suggested tweaks like bUseSound = False and shadersOnDemand = True, but they don't fix the issue. In fact all they do is give me a different, more generic BSOD message at the same point