Thread: Still no bloom fix after the patch release for Hydrophobia: Prophecy game

Still no bloom fix after the patch release for Hydrophobia: Prophecy game

Hello friends, I have just got the patch of the Hydrophobia: Prophecy game and in that patch the bloom is not yet fixed. I was thinking that the bloom problem might be fixed in the patch release of the game. But I do not think that has happen, the patch which has been released have no fixed the problem of the bloom in the game. Does anyone else also have the problem with the bloom and what you have say about it and are you happy to play with the bloom problem in the game? Please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Still no bloom fix after the patch release for Hydrophobia: Prophecy game

I also agree with you. A 223.9 mb just announced upgrade. This is the fifth since its launch on the PC. Although remarkable considering the awareness given to the comments of the community and the speed with which the primary four updates comes out, I still discover the game unplayable due to the effect of bloom which bathes the whole game. I pre-ordered the game and have not been able to play since its release. Several guarantees, as the bloom effect was being investigated and that any incoming review. I am sure that impatient. In addition, I have no idea what that change in this patch and found that from now there has been no change in the published record.

I'm surprised that Dark Energy has acknowledged the request, and after so many patches not yet touched her at all. And there are a lot of requests in general about the game that is "forwarded to the team" and we never see in practice, or commented on by the dev. new representative. A little weird ... but I hope that some of the biggest requests filled soon. I really hope these guys are not all talk.

Well, the main focuses of previous updates seem to be related to performance improvements. But each is also fixed several issues and / or added checkpoints. And considering the vast amount of information in forums and through Darknet, get the entire troubles and suggestions in a reasonable order and then work on them has to be a fairly big, I like to believe. It is only a little more patient, guys. They do not have the crazy amount of labor to large companies have ... and yet have shown a greater effort and enthusiasm for the post-release support of most of those usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    Well, the main focuses of previous updates seem to be related to performance improvements. But each is also fixed several issues and / or added checkpoints. And considering the vast amount of information in forums and through Darknet, get the entire troubles and suggestions in a reasonable order and then work on them has to be a fairly big, I like to believe. It is only a little more patient, guys. They do not have the crazy amount of labor to large companies have ... and yet have shown a greater effort and enthusiasm for the post-release support of most of those usually does.
    I'd rather see the ~ 35 FPS has been, in my GTX580 in some areas, bloom, priority-wise, that is. I am not getting the problem which you are talking and also the bloom is fine in the game.

The problem is not simply that the bloom is very intense, the problem is that is present at all times in all aspects and areas, and this is inadequate and an eyesore that violates my enjoyment of the game. In combination with the strange shadows in the game that creates a kind of aura faded shadow around objects, it is very annoying. I do not want to start a war or anything about the proper use of blooming; I just want to be able to turn it off. If they might insert an option in the launcher so the bloom can be turned off completely, I know I am not alone in saying that it would be greatly appreciated. That's it.

This seems an unfortunate coincidence of Bloom and ambient occlusion for me (shaded light directly next to it). Even as I understand your aversion for it, I really would not say it is becoming impossible to play the game. But that could be a matter of taste strong. So an option to disable the Blooming would not hurt if it gives some people a better gaming experience.

I think it's easier for developers to do would be to provide us with a list of some touch-up or command line to modify some features of the game. In this way, we can adjust the settings to our liking. Being able to change the bloom is paramount, and I personally would like to see an FPS limit flag. From Crysis and highly modified engine, these other non-modifiable PC games leave me feeling like I'm playing on a console. I mean, is not one of the main attractions of PC games the settings and modifications?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the game uses deferred shading can get good real-time shadows without a strong impact on performance, but only supports DirectX 10 and even regular anti-aliasing for him - that is why some DirectX 9 games against the need-aliasing support through the video driver, and others (such as hydrophobicity) to anti-aliasing through the curtains, which of course has no anti-aliasing controls the graphics card interested in account. On the other hand, while the majority console games do not make apply of anti-aliasing of course not so much that ... In other words, it is because it is a console port, other than for the reason that the game does not use DirectX 10 or up (leaving out all users of Windows XP or needs a lot of retro-fit in motor) and still want the beauty and shading performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene-I View Post
    I think it's easier for developers to do would be to provide us with a list of some touch-up or command line to modify some features of the game. In this way, we can adjust the settings to our liking. Being able to change the bloom is paramount, and I personally would like to see an FPS limit flag. From Crysis and highly modified engine, these other non-modifiable PC games leave me feeling like I'm playing on a console. I mean, is not one of the main attractions of PC games the settings and modifications?
    In fact, it seems that at least one switch for ambient occlusion in the log:
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DarkEnergy\Hydrophobia\ STARTUP\AMBIENTOCC
    So you might try to turn it and see if it makes the graphics more bearable ... but, of course, a lever for blooming would not be bad either. On the other hand there is a point where graphics features building it as fully not obligatory game looks nothing like the people who made it wanted it to look...

I imagine the bloom has a bad reputation due to reduced implementations in the past, but when used correctly, can add to a game. Implementations of the poor are usually the scene to represent the low resolution, semi-transparent overlay on the representation with highest resolution to the blooming of the lights, but have the side effect of building the whole scene blurred. When used properly, it shows how to create light or bright points of light reflections on somewhat like polished metal, and not presently a point of bleeding, but from that moment and I think it looks quite nice. Like most graphic effects, used and abused just before developers work with the best ways to use it. In addition, ambient occlusion is not involved in blooming, but shadows on objects that are close together.