Thread: GTA IV Officially Announced for PC

ThumbsUp GTA IV Officially Announced for PC

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC

New York, NY – August 6, 2008 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively.

"We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can't wait for people to play it."

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.
    I was waiting for this 1 to release on PC. Wanted to share this news for all the GTA fans

Ah great, so I'll not need to buy a console solely for this which I was going to do specially for GTA IV. Thanks for this information.

It was anyways going to be announced for PC. But i would stick to my console. Iam used to it and love playing on consoles only.

I am not a fan of GTA series. Its characters and all never inspired me. But I read the reviews on this GTA IV and it looks to be interesting. Will have a try on this 1 if released for PC.

The PC version was announced for GTA IV 1 week ago. Look this - Grand Theft Auto IV soon releasing for our PC

First details emerge of GTA IV PC

Rockstar has revealed the first details of the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV.

The game was shown off at the Leipzig Games Convention today by PR man Steve Hahnel. He began by promising much improved visuals, saying they'll be "polished well beyond what they were on the 360 and PS3".

New features will include a replay editor. Whenever you're playing the previous 30 seconds of gameplay will be recorded, so at any time you can stop and watch what you just did. You can also edit footage - chop it up, add filters, switch camera angles and so on.

There will also be a montage editor that lets you link together multiple 30-second clips. You'll be able to share the movies you make via the internet and the Rockstar Social Club.

Hahnel also hinted there are plans to add new multiplayer options. Noting there is online play for up to 16 players in the console versions of GTA IV he added, "We're expanding on that" - but didn't offer any further details.

However, Hahnel did say there will be new filters so you can have more control over the type of matches and races you take part in. If you just want to play with pistols, for example, that will possible. The whole idea is to make it easier to find exactly what you're looking for.

The rest of the demo consisted of a playthrough of the Three-Leaf Clover mission seen in the console game. This was played using an Xbox 360 controller, and Hahnel confirmed you'll be able to choose this or the traditional keyboard option in the finished game.

The visuals do indeed look more polished - lighting is more realistic and there's a much higher level of detail on both characters and environments. Movement animations are smoother but could still do with a bit of work; Nico runs down stairs like he's got a wonky ankle. Still, as Hahnel was careful to point out, GTA IV is still "a work in progress" and there's "a lot of polishing and cleaning" to do before the game is released on November 24th.

But to be honest, try as we might, when the game was finally booted up we struggle to notice any obvious visuals differences. It looked near enough identical. Even down to the same stuttering frame rates outside when the view points down a road and a fair few cars are thrown on screen. This could be improved on for the final version, but we were hoping to see slick 60fps rates already.

Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Video Game

Here a preview of the Grand Theft Auto IV PC