Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > TroubleShoot 98
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Assigning a Drive letter to External USB connected Hard Drive

TroubleShoot 98

Old 24-09-2007

Assigning a Drive letter to External USB connected Hard Drive

I am using an external USB hard drive with my Windows 98. Due to some reason I need to change the assign letter M for this connected external drive but not getting it done. When I check the same in Device manager, it is listed as Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer. Hope am not wrong.

This is actually a 120GB HDD containing all my prior system backups and it was assigned with letter M earlier but donít know how it got changed now. I guess as the backup was made with Acronis True Image, hence the HDD is listed as Acronisin device manager also. Anyway, can any one of you please tell me how can I assign letter M to this drive? Thanks in advance.

Old 25-09-2007

Re: Assigning a Drive letter to External USB connected Hard Drive

I have done similar thing earlier using TweakUI. This will help you to disable all drive letters except M so that it can be assigned to a drive you want and the only vacant drive. Once you assign the letter you will need to restart the computer in order to make it work.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > TroubleShoot 98
Tags: ,