| || |
Join Date: Sep 2005
disable annoying flash update notices
If you want to disable Flash auto-update, then follow the below tips:
- First of all you have to make a file named mms.cfg (text) in a text editor.
- After that you need to add the below auto-update setting:
- You just have to add the above command to disable updates, use '0' (zero) to turn updates on again
- After that you have to save the mms.cfg file to \Windows\System (Windows 98) or SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Macromed\Flash (NT)
- Now you have to close and restart Flash Player or the browser in which Flash Player is running.
Another tricks you can use is:
You can simply go to this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager05.html
and then uncheck the "Notify me" box. And then a config file will be saved under the following path: \Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol. You can simply copy the same SETTINGS.SOL file to any of the user account that you wish to.