Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > TroubleShoot 98
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Keeping Windows 98 alive via a virtual machine?

TroubleShoot 98

Old 30-05-2009

Keeping Windows 98 alive via a virtual machine?

I was wondering if there are any people who are keeping or running Windows 98 on their computer by installing it on a virtual machine within Vista or Windows XP with so many programs like VM Ware or such. Since I am new to virtualization, I was hoping where can I get more information to get more knowledge out of it. Thanks for any help.

Old 06-08-2009

You can download the full version of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 software that works on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 and Vista operating system. With Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, you can create and run one or more virtual machines, each with its own operating system, on a single computer. This provides you with the flexibility to use different operating systems on one physical computer. Download it from here - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=4580
Old 10-10-2009

You can also try out VirtualBox to run operating system virtually on the main OS. Each virtual machine can contain an arbitrary set of virtual devices and separate the operating system. Scope of virtual machines is very wide - from performing the functions of software testing to creating the entire networks, which are easily scaled, load-balanced and protected. VirtualBox is free, open source software. There are different versions of VirtualBox, intended to be installed virtually on any operating system, including Windows, Linux, Mac and Open Solaris.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > TroubleShoot 98
Tags: , ,