Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > TroubleShoot 98
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What software to play MP4 videos??????

TroubleShoot 98

Old 12-03-2009

What software to play MP4 videos??????

I am running Windows 98 on my computer and I wanted to know which software will be able to play the MP4 videos? When I go to youtube then I checked that they have both FLV file and MP4 file video that they are using. I am using Winamp player for music files, but when i try to load the MP4 in Winamp then I cannot see any videos, nor does any sound come out. Any ideas?

Old 12-03-2009

Re: What software to play MP4 videos??????

You can download a media player software called Quicktime which is an Apple Company product that will play the mpeg4 player properly on your computer. Normally, this file cannot be played on Windows Media Player but with some codec software it will play. MPEG-4 is the first technique to manage the content of scenes containing one or more audio and video objects. Unlike MPEG-2 which was only related to use digital television (broadcast DVB and DVD), MPEG-4 uses and includes all new multimedia applications such as downloading and streaming on the internet, multimedia on mobile phone, the digital radio, the video games, the television and media high definition.
Old 30-03-2009

You can download K-Lite Full CODEC pack which is a codec pack for Windows Media Player that will play any kind of media files on your computer. This codec pack contains everything you need to play whether audio or video formats. This version includes all known media players codecs. Equipped with additional encoders, the software ensures the smooth running of your video file and you'll be able to play audio and video files without any problem. Download it by searching it on the net.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > TroubleShoot 98
Tags: ,