Resizing Toolbars and Page Content in Firefox 3
Firefox users who are used to Firefox Version 2 may feel uncomfortable with the changes in the size of the toolbars, menu text and page content after upgrading to Firefox 3. The larger text size looks a bit awkward. To restore your Firefox 3 back to normal size, you can reconfigure or reset your Firefox 3 according to the steps here:
1. Type in “about:config” in the Location bar and press Enter. As usual, once you type “about:config” in the location bar, you will be greeted with the standard “This might void your warranty!” warning page. Click “I’ll be careful, I promise” to continue the configuration process.
2. Type “layout.css.dpi” into the Filter.
3. In the “layout.css.dpi” preference,
a. Double-click to edit it.
b. Enter a value of 96 and click “OK”
4. In the “layout.css.dpi” preference doesn’t show or appear, you need to Right-click Hold down the Ctrl key while you click anywhere in the grid, select “New”, then select “Integer” from the context menu.
5. In the Enter the preference name prompt, type layout.css.dpi and click “OK”.
6. Next enter the value 96 and click “OK”
7. From the menu at the top of the Firefox Window-bar, select FileFirefox and then select the ExitQuit FirefoxQuit menu item.
Once it is done, you can restart Firefox and the toolbars and page content will revert to the normal size that you is familiar to you.
|Tags: firefox 3, toolbars|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Resizing Toolbars and Page Content in Firefox 3"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Unable to move toolbars in Internet Explorer 9 with Toolbars Unlocked||Chinye||Technology & Internet||8||22-03-2012 10:29 AM|
|Compatible toolbars with Firefox 5 Beta version||Falynn||Technology & Internet||3||23-06-2011 09:33 PM|
|compatible toolbars with Firefox 5.||RajiI||Technology & Internet||3||22-06-2011 10:40 PM|
|How to disable Web Site window resizing in Mozilla Firefox?||Corwinn||Technology & Internet||5||22-01-2010 10:48 PM|
|Prevent window resizing Firefox||tombman||Technology & Internet||3||04-07-2009 02:53 PM|