Thread: How to change Administrator Password in Windows XP

ThumbsUp How to change Administrator Password in Windows XP

Its pretty simple to reset administrator password in XP. If you are logged in, its enough. You need not be an administrator for this.

Go To Command Prompt. Type net user

Now you will see the accounts for the PC.

now type

net user Administrator *(If Administrator is an account. It could be sysadmin etc..varies)

It will prompt for password.

Enter the new password twice. It says Command completed successfully. Your Administrator password is changed successfully.

adept Guest
    man changing the administrators password when you are logged in as the administrator is quite easy..
    the problem arises when someone forgets his/her password..

help for the dude above

if you forget your password they do make a few programs to get them back....but they also require being on the computer....so here we are again. now the problem is getting on your computer, at the moment ive been awake for the past 43 1/2 hours and i know there are other ways but i can only think of these 2at the ment. if your on a network hook the other computer up as network admin change the password remotely. if u need to get on a network....u hve to be on your computer....and AGain...we are here. now another way, turn on the computer then manualy shut it down this should work so long as you dont have a password on your admin or if u do u remember IT. sometimes it will just boot up normally but other times it wil check the disks while asking you some options, chose start safemode with command prompt. once here type "start explorer.exe" without the quotes this will start windows woot!! do what you have to if it comes up with logon options before all this (sorry its so late i need sleep) like what account to log onto chose administrator or whatever your admin is called. good im outy....
    make sure that if you ever sk a question you learn somthing

Hey,,..nice post buddy.
    Was somehow helpful to me