Thread: Port forwarding problem in Utorrent

Port forwarding problem in Utorrent

Hi,

I have just bought a new laptop and have a thomson speedtouch 510 router.
    I just installed Utorrent and was setting up the speed guide. It asked if I would like to check if the port was open that was going to be used to download with. So I checked and it said that the port wasn't opened. I then clicked the help link which directed me to these 2 sites -

http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-vista.htm

http://www.portforward.com/english/r...6/Utorrent.htm

I followed all of the instruction correctly but it still did not work. I then noticed that the IP address that came up when I typed IPconfig into command was different to the one that came up when the site was checking to see if my port was opened. Utorrent does still run but at very low speeds, I have also applied the tcpip.sys patch but that didn't help.

Can anyone help work out which IP address I am meant to be using?
    Thanks

Re: Port forwarding problem in Utorrent

forget all that static ip rubbish, use the 'ipconfig /all' after going to start-run-'command'. The top ip on the list is the one you want, this is the ip you need to put in your router- it will be something like 192.168.1.xx, along with the utorrent port that the utorrent program is using at the moment (enter this same port number into all the start/end port boxes, save or ok and your good to go.
    Dont forget to disable port mapping in utorrent.

Hey have tried to disable your UPnP in uTorrent? Or have you uncheck (disable) the "randomize port" option on uTorrent? You can try out the following link. Hope so it may help you out to resolve the issue.

First setup a static address: http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

Once you have setup a static address, use it as a destination IP address. Enter anything in for Application, and check if you can change protocol to TCP and UDP. Destination Port Start/End should both be your listening port in µTorrent.
    If the router rejects it, type 0.0.0.0 in Source IP Address and Source Netmask. If it still rejects, add your listening port in Destination Port Map as well.