Tips: How To Remove And Re-install Video Card Drivers?
I need to update or remove my video card drivers, but of course, they will need to be reinstalled. What are the steps for this?
* These steps below may not be exact, depending on what video card you have. Becuase I use NVIDIA, I will be showing instructions for a NVIDIA card. Because I will be using Windows XP, I will be writing about Windows XP as well.
* By this time, I hope you have downloaded (but obviously not installed) the new drivers for your card from your card manufacturer's website. Do not continue with these steps until your new drivers are downloaded.
* When downloading/installing drivers, you MUST:
Turn off any download accelerators
While installing drivers, turn OFF ALL antivirus and Antispyware software
1) Go to your video card manufacturer's website (I will be using NVIDIA here)
2) Click on the Download Drivers button
3) You will see three boxes. In the first one, click on what you are looking for. We will select graphics drivers. In the second box, click on your card series. In the third box, click on your operating system. All you have to do now is click on the next button.
1) Go into the Control Panel
2) Click on the Add/Remove Programs icon
3) Depending on which driver version you are using, your graphics drivers may appear in differently in the list of programs installed. These drivers will appear as, "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers", or as "NVIDIA Drivers".
4) Click on the Add/Remove button
5) You will now be asked to confirm the uninstall.
Note: You will probably be asked to restart your computer at this time.
1) Once the computer has fully booted-up, double-click on the setup file you downloaded earlier
2) Follow the on-screen instructions from this point forward. The install file will tell you what to do from this point.
If you have something to add, don't be afraid to post it!
Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard - 14000 Rs.
Graphic Card Ati Sapphire HD 4870 Card - 19000 Rs.
Smps Corsair 750 Watts - 8200 Rs.
Corsair Twin 2x 2048 - 8500c5ram (800mhz) - 3000 Rs.
NZXT Zero Cabinet - 7500 Rs.
Pentium Quad Core Q9300 Lga 775 Cpu - 12500 Rs.
250 Gb Hdd Seagate sata - 2350 Rs.
Dvd Writer Samsung 20x Ide/ Sata - 1500 Rs.