| || |
Join Date: Nov 2010
Tips to root and install Blackbean custom rom on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3110
In this short article I am going to show to root Samsung Galaxy Tab2 P3110. This is a 7inch tablet that offers you Android 4.1 JellyBean operating system. But you can install something more better on this. By rooting you get root access to the device where you can do ample of changes. While after installing custom rom like Blackbean you can just have new features and more performance output. Rooting cause warranty void. So you have to do the same on your risk. The process is divided into three methods below. That consist of rooting, taking backup of your existing rom so that you can restore it in case of issue and installing the custom rom. I am not going to give you a direct download of any file. I will just provide the exact name and you can find that on web. Again I am telling that rooting can cause warranty void and brick device. So do the same on your own risk. Requirement:
- Backup your phone data, contacts, etc.
- Checkout that your phone has maximum charging.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers. You can get that through Samsung Kies
- Download CWM
- Download CV-Autoroot
- Download Blackbean Custom Rom
- Download ODIN
- Download Custom Firmware: PDA: P3100XXCME2 & CSC: P3100OLDCME2
Rooting & Installing Blackbean
- First go to settings and enable usb debugging mode.
- Connect the tablet with PC via original Samsung usb cable and launch ODIN. ODIN will not detect tablet unless it has Samsung usb drivers installed in it.
- Once it is detected select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- Click on PDA and select P3100XXCME2.
- Click on CSC and select P3100OLDCME2.
- Click on Start and wait until the process is over.
- Now you had installed a custom firmware on the tablet that is ready to root. You can run CF-Auto Root to root it back.
- Now install CWM in the tablet. Launch it and restart your tablet in recovery mode.
- From there simp[y go the backup section and take backup of your existing rom. So that after installing Blackbean if you are not happy or if you are facing any problem then you can simply restore the existing image back.
- Copy BlackBean Rom in the memory card of your tablet.
- Reboot the tab back in Recovery mode via CWM and hit on install from memory card. Wipe out all users and Dalvik cache before that.
- Select the custom rom and wait back until setup is over. Your done know. You had installed a new rom which offers features of Jellybean 4.2.2.