Thread: Tips to customize Windows Phone 8

Tips to customize Windows Phone 8

I am going go give you some short tips by which you can simply customize your windows phone. Compare to android the phone is bit different. But has ample of customization options through which you can make your phone perform better. Battery saving options are counted in the same. If we check the features of Android and Windows then among them Windows is having more fewer customization options. But there are some interesting tips that can help you to make your device perform more better. So just go through the short list of tips and check back.

Customizing Home Screen : For home screen Windows Phone 8 platform offers you a set of minimum options only. You can change the background color as well you can change the image of lock screen. But there is no way to set the background image. I am not able to understand why Microsoft removed that feature. for that just go in Settings > Theme. Use a dark mode and choose a dark color that keeps maximum pixel off saving more battery.

Unified Mail Box : Windows Phone 8 comes with a feature of merging different email accounts into a single box so that you can get everything at one place. For which you will need to use the mail app. You can go in Settings and add your accounts in the phone. All email and updates goes to a single place. That is one of the best way to manage different emails accounts instantly. This is a integrated feature.

Kids Corner : Windows Phone 8 also has a kids corner feature. Through settings you can simply configure Kids Corner so that if any one is using your phone will not be allowed to visit adult websites. Just activate the kids corner and give the phone to your content. Ample of content is blocked. This is one of the best feature of Windows Phone.

Battery Life : To save the battery life from the settings click on battery saver. It is a tiny application that simply turn off the background application when not required. Also it block automatic sync here. Sometime when you use the phone ample of applications are running the background that keeps one eating your battery power. But turning this feature on you can simply get rid of those background application. Being a integrated feature it is really very effective. I found the application great in terms output also.

Auto Message : Sometime it happens you have to instantly share a message when you are unable to reach. At that point sending a quick message allows you to inform others that you are running late. Now there are some automated procedure that allows you send a quick message. For that you will have to first create a appointment and then you can simply through that send a message.

Keyboard shortcuts : Windows Phone is optimized with number of different keyboard shortcuts. You can simply tap on a key for some second and then you can see additional options on the same. You can again tap on that and do more task. It is another simple option you can go for. You can go through a short windows phone manual that offers you more highlight in using the keyboard shortcut.

Re: Tips to customize Windows Phone 8

Being a smartphone, low battery is a common issue with many devices. And it is one of the major drawback of Android phone. The reason lies with automatic sync. The sync process in the background keep son updating the applications. It download data from internet and makes you job more complicated. You can turn auto-sync off here which also helps a lot in fixing the issue. Compare to android, I found Windows Phone 8 offering a more better battery output. They are more better and has nice and clean interface with no bloatware.

Re: Tips to customize Windows Phone 8

I found windows phone a bit basic in usage. I had seen ample of missing feature. Like a task manager kind of app that can tell us what is running in the background. Compare to Android we are not having great apps for windows phone. Android has a vast data of many applications almost for anything. You can download a advance task manager, or a powerful battery optimization tools. All this important things are missing in windows phone. I had checked the app store also. It is also limited. I do not think in future any mobile os would be able to beat android.