Thread: How to Block Animated GIF's in Chrome Browser

How to Block Animated GIF's in Chrome Browser

There are some websites that display abusive animated GIFs so that their consultation becomes unpleasant.

With Internet Explorer and Firefox, it's easy to block gif files, you just have to press the Esc key on your keyboard to stop these activities. But Chrome does not offer this facility. It will therefore, with this browser, install an extension like GIF Stopper, that can be downloaded from here http://goo.gl/y0ls, to block animations.

Once the module is installed, type chrome://chrome/extensions/ in the address bar of Chrome browser and then click Options to open the settings page of GIF Stopper add-ons. Check the box to "Automatically Disable" and then click Save to disable animated GIFs on all pages that you visit. Hope that this helps anybody.
    Dell C610 PIII 1Ghz
    Docking station
    DLink Radio
    Codi DC/DC adaptor

Re: How to Block Animated GIF's in Chrome Browser

You can also download Pause! Pause! Pause! addon for Google Chrome Browser that will also pause animated images until you click to start it. To restart the animation you need to simply click on the image itself. Animatable images are indicated by the "Not Allowed" style cursor. Also note that this extension can only stop animation once an image started animating. You have to download it from here on your chrome browser.

There is also another extension for blocking animated images until you click to start it for chrome browser which is called Paused!. It is actually a fork of the "Pause Pause Pause" extension that had some problems. Note that the animation is stopped only after the page is completely loaded. Download it from here.

AdamClark Guest

Nice, I will be able to disable it in my browser.