Thread: How to create a Media Server on My Net N900 Central

How to create a Media Server on My Net N900 Central

Here I will let you know how to create a media server on My Net N900 Central.

First I'll like to inform you all that My Net N900 Central comes with 1TB Storage which is more than enough for storing HD videos, music and other stuffs in it. Net N900 Central is quite easy to manage, since it has a automated media server.

Steps:
    1. Connect your system to the router > Go under Network places > check out for My Net N900 Central. It should lie in Storage section.
    2. Once it appears under Network places, simply double click on it. It will ask you for the login details. ( Id - admin , password - password)
    3. Just enter the storage login and password and you can directly copy paste content in it.

You can later stream media content. However, if you configure it on 2.5 GHz than the router might take some time for streaming. Once the content is completely buffered it will work flawlessly. If you want then you can directly use Windows Media Player as a default device to stream shared content.

So now you know how simple it is to create a media server. If you want then you can access it via your Android devices as well. You just need to install WD2Go application. I also wanted to add that you can use some third party software available like ES File Explorer as well. ES File Explorer is capable of detecting Wifi network. Once you get connected to the router storage, you can go through the folder and stream the media content that you want via your default audio/video player.

Re: How to create a Media Server on My Net N900 Central

Thanks for sharing,

I have used WD2Go application for accessing my friends Western Digital My Net N900 Central. It works like a charm if wifi is strong.