| || |
Join Date: Oct 2005
Fix for iPhone 5 Wi-Fi issue
I have found number of people having issues with iPhone 5 Wi-Fi, many have reported it to apple as well. Anyways I have a fix for all those people, one can improve their wifi by setting manual DNS on their devices and get rid of inconsistently slow wifi connection immediately.
- First download an Open-source DNS Benchmark Utility called namebench on your system to find out the fastest DNS servers at your location. It will just take a couple of minute for this application to come up with fastest DNS servers around.
- Once you get list of DNS servers, you can grab your phone, Open Settings, tap on ?Wi-Fi?, tap blue arrow near connected Wi-Fi network
- After that tap next to ?DNS? for adjusting DNS entry and run Speed Test to check out if it has made difference for you or not.
One can use below DNS servers as well:
- Google DNS servers: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- OpenDNS servers: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199