| || |
| || |
Join Date: Feb 2012
Steps for using SetFSB
Before I tell you how to use SetFSB, let m tell you about it. This tool is one of the best tools available for overclocking on internet. You can download it and start using it. But first let me tell you that this tool is not meant for the overclocker who do it at beginner level or have basic knowledge about overclocking. You must be well acquainted with the process of overclocking and how it works. Any small mistake in overclocking your processor using SetFSB and your PC will be rendered useless. Also it is necessary that BIOS which you are using on your computer to have the northbridge options. Without such BIOS, SetFSB is useless. The northbridge options in the BIOS will provide better opportunity for overclocking as it has more complex and detailed options in them.
So here is how you will use SetFSB to do overclocking,
- First of all you will need to flash the BIOS with northbridge options and then install an EC firmware. Now start the computer and run SetFSB in it. On the top of this software, you will find a diagnosis tab. Click on it and you will get button for Get FSB, click on it.
- Now the slider besides the set FSB buttons needs to be moved up to 1 MHz to 5 MHz. Now click on the Set FSB button and then take a screenshot using the ĎCaptureí button.
- You will have to do the same amount of change in the slider to get the same amount of change as in the previous move. You might have remembered the amount of change you made in the slider and you might even do the same amount of change again, but chances are there that you might not be accurate.
- Copy the values that you see in the registers in the SetFSB and paste them in the Set FSB manually. This will add the value in slider, same as before. This will provide you with good accuracy and help to avoid errors. Keep doing this step until you get proper overclocking for your system.
- Now you have to do the nando4s GRUB overclocking. Here you donít have to change any value. This has to be done just to register the changes made using SetFSB and to keep them constant during every startup.
This is how overclocking has to be done using SetFSB and it will be successful. But let me tell you that if you are not able to use this software or donít understand any part, donít continue. Just quit the overclocking and do it by some other method that you are comfortable with.