Thread: How to logon with a PIN in Windows 8

How to logon with a PIN in Windows 8

Sometimes entering the whole password in Windows Live account every time for accessing application gets frustrating. To overcome this Microsoft have included logon PIN feature in windows 8 which is not exposed while creating Windows Live account. So for using logon PIN feature one can refer to the below steps. Although security of your computer might get reduced but I think compromising it for quickly log in is not a bad idea until other doesn’t have access to our system.

Steps:
    • First login and click on Control Panel tile.

• After that select Users and Create a PIN.

• Now enter current password and click on ok

• Finally enter your four digits PIN and you are done

With the final step your pin will get configured and you will be able to use it next time while logging in. you don’t even have to hit entering four digits PIN. As soon as you will finish entering four digits PIN you will be logged in automatically.

Re: How to logon with a PIN in Windows 8

Hey that really seems to be a good idea, i think it will be quite useful for me as i don't have security risk as i am only the one who has access to my laptop. I'll start using this pin feature from now. I am really liking such small but help full features of windows 8, just for instance i wasnt aware pf picture password feature but as soon as i came to know about it, ive started using it. These features are really time saver,Just waiting for final release of windows 8 to explore all this.