Thread: Tips to Promote company on Twitter and Facebook

Tips to Promote company on Twitter and Facebook

I have just started my company which deals in making greeting cards, invitation cards, visiting cards, pamphlets, posters and banners. We would like to advertise ourselves and for that we need some platform. At present we are planning to create our page on Facebook and an account on Twitter. Then we will publish our daily art to attract more people. But one thing that brings a question is that, how do I spread the word around people that one such company exists and you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook. I mean, not everybody on Facebook will be interested in getting stuff designed from us and people who need might be getting it done from other companies that already exists. So I wanted to know, how should I promote the page for company so that many people like pr follow us and we might get clients. Can somebody help me?

Re: Tips to Promote company on Twitter and Facebook

The first thing I will suggest you to do is to get help from your friends. Assuming that you must be having 200 friends in friends list of Facebook and maybe around 100 followers on Twitter. Not everybody must be interested to know about your company. So sort out your friends and followers accordingly. Ask every of your close friend and relative to like your page. Once they have done, ask them to share your page on their wall or provide links on Twitter. Now if you are on Facebook and Twitter, you must know the likes and dislikes of the people on your Friends list by reading their posts regularly. So if you know people who might be interested in your company and think that they might know people who too might be interested. So you can send the link to your company’s page in the personal message.

You must know that Facebook is very viral in nature. You put something on it, whether funny, emotional or attractive. If it gets attention of people they are bound to like it, comment on it or maybe even share it on their wall. If you must have noticed, then liking an image or post or anything on Facebook generates an small notification on the right side panel saying ‘Milan Damji likes Vidya Bagchi’s photo’. So if someone likes your post, photo or any other stuff, it is bound to be seen in everybody’s right side panel. So if 50 people are online at a time, maybe 30 of them might notice it and also check it out themselves. To achieve this, whatever you post on the company’s page wall must be attractive enough to get notice of the people.

Now that you have created a page and Twitter account, see to it that you don’t ignore it. The more you keep posting and tweeting, more people will notice it. If you post daily and maybe 20 people like your post, then it will appear on the right side panel of 20 x 20 = 400 people’s right side panel. I assumed that at least 20 people will be online on the 20 people’s friends list when they liked your post. So out of 400, even if 60 to 100 people like your page, then it is good for your page’s promotion.

So it is better if you keep posting regularly and keep the likers and followers aware of your company’s existence. Also do not spam by posting lot of stuff once as it might keep the likers and followers from getting to know about other people’s posts and tweet or maybe bore them.

You can create small contests like caption contest or suggestion contest. If you have created a new pamphlet or greeting card, then you can post the picture and ask the people to comment the captions. The best caption will be selected and then printed on the greeting card. This will encourage the followers and the likers to comment more as their caption or comment will actually come in existence. Also you can keep small contest where one will have to guess some part of the picture.

The price will be some free greeting cards or maybe discount on some of your items. Such contests will keep your page alive and have more people interacting on it. Also if you are launching some new product or offer, then make announcement of it before someone else makes it. What I mean to say is that if you make greeting cards, then some retail shops must be selling it. So if you are providing 20% on them, then before the shop puts up the poster, you can announce it on your page.

I think that e-mail is the best way to promote your company’s page on Facebook and Twitter. You can mail a short description and what’s new on your page in the email and send it to everyone on the emailing list. It will give you a good reach. Just see to it that email is sweet and short. Also when sending e-mail to a person for the first time, you can add the ink to your company’s page and Twitter page at the bottom.

It will let them see profile of your company and other details to. Also Facebook will provide people with samples of your work and the content you create. Also if you have website for your company, then you can have like button and follow button for the Facebook page and Twitter page.

Piece of advice, don’t reveal everything in a single post. I mean if you have created a new type of greeting card or maybe visiting and you want people to know about it, then you will need to create a picture. Not many people have time to keep reading text so they just skip the posts with bulky text. For example, if you go on in an your post telling that you have designed new greetings for Valentine’s Day, they will be in pink color or what size they will come in, what price they will come for. Then fill in details about your inspiration for this greeting card, person behind it, artist behind it and other such details. This won’t be read by everybody, but maybe a few people. If someone is really interested to know the inspiration he/she will him/herself ask you about it. So just keep headline like ‘New designer greetings available for Valentine’s Day’ or ‘Business cards that will suit your profession’. Then along with it give a link to its picture or detailed post. This will keep it short and also attract more people. Yes, and remember Twitter has 140 character limitations, so it is better to keep it short.

You can create small contests like caption contest or suggestion contest. If you have created a new pamphlet or greeting card, then you can post the picture and ask the people to comment the captions. The best caption will be selected and then printed on the greeting card. This will encourage the followers and the likers to comment more as their caption or comment will actually come in existence.
    I think that having small contests will get more people to be aware of your company. But see to it that you announce awards that you can really give or afford. Also after giving the award see to it that you have a proof that it was given to the designated person and he has accepted it. Also after giving the award, you should announce it on your page. You can simply send him a personal message, but that won’t do any justice to other participants. If you are running an caption contest, see to it that you post his comment with his name as winner on the wall. This will help the others to know that winner is declared and what he did to win it. Also don’t hype anything or post unrealistic things. Since you are running a company that sells products and services, it might hamper your image.

Many people tend to post something controversial or something offensive to get attention. But it should be strictly restricted as it can badly affect your company. If something bad happens in the world, like some celebrity dies or maybe some big accident happens, then don’t go on making jokes about it. Even if the person was bad or his activities were bad, you can just put a normal pot which notifies about the event and avoid posting any other opinion about it. For example, ‘JB has expired’ is better than ‘JB dies, world peace can now be restored’. The second statement consists of negativity as it taunts to the dead person. This should be strictly avoided.