Thread: How to connect ADSL router through surge protector?

How to connect ADSL router through surge protector?

Many times it is noticed that when you have a broadband connection of high speed, like above 1 mbps, there are chances of having power surges in the hardware of the system. Many people use broadband filter to protect their network from these power surges, but they have to compromise on small amount of bandwidth which reduces the speed of the internet during use. Also when it is connected to the phone line, fax line or any other device needing audio frequency, the performance of the internet would again go down badly. Also since this broadband filter provides low capacitance which might damage the ADSL modem if situation arises. So to get proper protection against the power surges when connected to ADSL router, one can use Electronic Systems Protection provided by Furge.

You can use ESP NET-100 to protect your network from sudden power surges. It is very useful when using twisted pair cables in network or using Token ring network setup. This Electronic System Protector is compatible with Cat 3, 4 or 5 cabling and RJ45 connectors. This device provides a good protection to computers, servers, hubs and repeaters from transient overvoltage damage. It helps to keep the voltage below the levels till which the devices and equipments can handle. With the amount of conductors that are provided in this device, it is impossible for the voltage to reach the equipment directly. If you have the network where lightning is common and is close to your location, than ESP NET-100 can be attached multiple times to provide repeated protection in lightning intense environments. Also this device won’t affect the normal operation of any other device to which it is directly or indirectly attached. Enough attachments are also provided to have it attached to surfaces than usual flat ones. Also the installation is easy enough for one to do it manually without much of the professional help.

Other some products from Furge for Electronic System Protection are the protectors from ESP D Series and ESP TN series. If you live in an area where there is too much of rain or in an area with lot of moisture in air, then these protectors are best as they provide protection against the water from damp walls and surfaces. This protectors work best along with most of the twisted pair signaling cables and devices. These protectors are available in various voltage capacities which range from 6 V to 190 V. This can be decided on basis of the bandwidth that your internet connection provides. These ESP D Series and ESP TN series electronic system protectors provides protection from power surge to process control equipment, telemetry and SCADA, modems and computer communications interfaces. It provides better protection with less resistance. This less resistance helps to maintain the strength of the signal and does not reduces its intensity. The earthing of these protectors is strong enough to provide protection against lightning.

Re: How to connect ADSL router through surge protector?

Thanks for the information as I was deciding to change the protector that I use in my network. I couldn’t find any protector that would reduce so less of the bandwidth to provide protection. Also the Electronic System Protectors provided by Furge seems better than what I am using right now. Also with so much flexibility it provides in terms of hardware, I think that it might come useful for my corporate needs.