Thread: How to use Tata Photon Dongle with Micromax Funbook for internet.

How to use Tata Photon Dongle with Micromax Funbook for internet.

Yesterday I got my Android ICS based Micromax Funbook tablet. It is much more than my expectations. I mean, it has very good touch sensitivity, great user interface, and many good features. I got a free Tata Photon Plus couple as well for free using which I bought a Photon Dongle for just Rupees 500. Now the problem is, as they say you can connect internet either using WiFi or 3G Dongle with Funbook because it don’t have any SIM slot, I neither have WiFi nor 3G dongle. What I have is a normal tata Photon Plus dongle. So how can we use it for browsing on Funbook ?

Well, after working around for hours, I finally found a way that allows us to use any normal USB Dongle with your Funbook. Not only Photon and not only 3G, you can use any dongle for browsing on your Tab. If you are also one of those thousands of users facing this problem (count me as well) than just try out these steps. It will surely help you.

Before we start the actual process make sure you have the Mini USB port cable with you that come along with your Funbook and any USB Modem / Dongle.

• Lets start by turning on your Funbook

• Go to Settings (you can go here by tapping the first physical button)

• Tap on Wireless & Networks.

• Tap on ‘More’

• Here make sure that your WiFi option is turned off because both WiFi and 3G/mobile network cannot work simultaneously and can conflict.

• Now connect the USB Dongle using the Mini USB port cable.

• Now tap the Check Box for 3G option and wait for few minutes until it turns on.

• Once 3G is on, Tap on Mobile Networks.

• Turn on Data Enabled and Data Roaming.

• Now click on APN.

• You will see that there is no APN available at this point. You need to create one by click on the settings icon on the top right corner of the screen and select New APN.

• You can call your Dongle service provider for the details. In my case, it was Photon, hence I named it as “TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET”

• Once you created, Tap Save. Come out of this screen. And tap on the Circle next to the APN name to activate it.

• Now wait for few seconds until the device configures everything.

• Once it is done, you will see the internet or 3G icon in your right bottom corner that confirms that your Funbook is now connected with Internet.

That’s it. Enjoy browsing on your Micromax Funbook.

Re: How to use Tata Photon Dongle with Micromax Funbook for internet.

One thing i forgot to mention up. The great part of this tutorial is that you can use these steps for activating Internet on any Android based tablet that comes with Mini USB port and don’t have sim slots for using network internet.