Thread: Different Parts or Components of a Graphics Card

Different Parts or Components of a Graphics Card

Hello TechArena Members,

I would like give some interesting knowledge about the most distinctive components of a video card. I decided to take a high-end video card, in my case, an Asus GTX580 Matrix, as it has many components that we can get to know for the electronic structure. For same, you can also download the pic from the below attachment incase if the pic is not visible properly below:

PCB: In electronics, a circuit board or PCB (printed circuit board) is a means to mechanically support and electrically connect electronic components, through paths or tracks of conductive material, engraved on copper sheets which is laminated onto a substrate conductor, usually bakelite or fiberglass.

GPU: Graphics Processing Unit handles all the calculations of graphics in games, video editing, etc; Calculate million polygons per second, controlling the effects: antialiasing, mipmaping, shaders, 3D rendering, 6,7,8,9,10,11 DirectX OpenGL library.

Memory: They are silicon chip that is responsible for storing textures, data, high speed GDDR5 that doubles the bandwidth of GDDR3 memory.

Power Stage: It regulates the voltage received from the source. For example, the GPU is at rest when the phase does not require much VCORE power, and when loading a game these phases provide more voltage to the components and for the GPU much processing is required.

Transistors: They are some elements that have facilitated greatly by the design of electronic circuits of small size, with versatility and ease of control. Switching, acting switches (control relays, switching power supplies, pulse width modulation - PWM)

Solid Capacitors: A capacitor is a durable polymer composite, that works at moderate output voltage and current fluctuations in the rectified output.

PCIex: The PCIEX bus (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express, written PCI-E) is an interconnect bus between the motherboard and video card.

Power Input: This is where we feed the video card power directly from the power source.

Resistances: They small components responsible for raising or lowering the mains between memory, transistors, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Different Parts or Components of a Graphics Card

Wow, thats a pretty useful information and great explanation with colors for each parts. This is the first time i came to know about what a graphic card includes. I would like to know that are the same components in all brand's graphic cards and at the same locations ? Am asking this because it will help me to troubleshoot my own video card in future. Please let me know.