Hey friends I am starting this thread for sharing installation of OpenFOAM on SUSE 11.4. The installation is quite easy if you follow the below steps properly. The below steps are for openSUSE 11.4 – 64 bit:
- First you will have to install cmake, libqt4-devel, libQtWebKit-devel, libQtAssistantClient4, flex, git using C/C++ development pattern in YaST. So when you are ready with the same then you can proceed further.
- Create OpenFOAM naming directory in your home directory using the below command:
- Now enter the OpenFOAM directory using the below command:
- After that download the source code using the below command:
git clone http://github.com/OpenCFD/OpenFOAM-1.7.x.git
- Now you can download OpenFOAM along with the ThirdParty packages from here after downloading the same you have to save it to your ~/OpenFOAM directory.
- You can extract ThirdParty-1.7.1.gtgz package using below command:
tar xzf ThirdParty-1.7.1.gtgz
- Now change the name of the ThirdParty-1.7.1 directory to ThirdParty-1.7.x using below command:
mv ThirdParty-1.7.1 ThirdParty-1.7.x
- Once you are done with the same you will have to Enter ThirdParty-1.7.x directory and Remove paraview-3.8.0 directory but before that you need to download ParaView 3.10.0 and save it in ThirdParty-1.7.x directory.
- Now after saving it just Extract paraview .zip file in same directory and change its name to paraview-3.10.0. You might wonder what has been changes in that case I will like to inform you only the case of the letter has been changed, I mean ParaView 3.10.0 directory has been changed to paraview-3.10.0.
- When you are done till here then Open ~/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-1.7.x/etc/apps/paraview3/bashrc in text editor and check out for “ParaView_VERSION. When you spot it then just change it to ParaView_VERSION=3.10.0, make sure that you are saving the changes before exiting the editor.
- After that Open ~/.bashrc in text editor and add the below line and also source your ~/.bashrc file using “source ~/.bashrc” command.
- You can now enter OpenFOAM-1.7.0 directory using the below command:
- And compile it using the below command:
- Now you just have to Build Paraview using the below commands:
- If at all you get an error message saying “The build will fail at the Install stage because ParaViewLibraryDepends.cmake is not found” then use the below commands:
Edit cmake_install.cmake ( you should Comment ParaViewLibraryDepends.cmake inserting #)
- After making the above changes just Save it and enter the below commands:
Execute: cd $WM_THIRD_PARTY_DIR
Execute: ./makeParaView -no-config -no-make –install
Now the paraview will get installed for OpenFOAM.
You can Rebuild PV3FoamReader using the below command:
So after all this OpenFOAM will get installed successfully along with paraview as well as paraFoam. If anyone faces any further issues with the above solution then they can feel free to ask.