Where apps, data, and files are stored
HTC One X uses the following memory types:
Apps and data storage: Applications are stored in the memory, which is marked as internal memory in your phone settings. There are also data such as SMS, you have created or synchronized with your phone contacts, account settings, etc. are also stored. The memory is managed carefully and protected from the phone, as it has your personal data. If you connect your phone to a computer, this memory is not available from your computer. Let me tell you if you do factory reset it will remove all the contents which is stored in your phone. So before doing factory reset you will have to make sure that you have taken a backup of all your contents.
File storage: This is another internal memory that is marked as the phone memory in your phone settings. Here you can store files. If you connect your phone to a computer that can access this memory, you will be able to copy files. If you put the tablet back to the default settings, you can choose whether to keep or delete the contents of the store.
How to connect your phone to a computer
Whenever you connect the HTC One X by using your USB cable to a computer, you will be able to see a window and in that window you will have to select the connection type and you will be prompted to select the type of USB connection. Select from the following options, and then you will have to click on Done option:
* Charge only: Choose this option if you want to only charge the battery while the device is connected to a computer.
* Disk drive: Choose this mode if you would like to copy any kind of files between the HTC one X and your computer. If this mode is enabled, you won’t be able to use application on the HTC One X, which access the memory, such as camera.
* HTC Sync Manager: Choose this option if you want to sync media and data such as contacts, calendars, bookmarks and other kind of information among your computer and your phone. You will have to download and then install the HTC Sync Manager, if obtainable from our website. Or you can also download the most recent version of HTC Sync and install it to sync your media and data.
* USB connectivity: If your computer has no Internet connection, that time you can select this mode, and after selecting this mode you will be able to share data between your computer and your phone.
* Internet pass-through: If you do not have a data plan or have no access to a wireless network, you can choose this mode to use the Internet connection of a computer for your phone.