Tips for finding Skill herbs in Risen 2: Dark Waters.
The skill herbs that you have collected in Risen 2: Dark Waters has to be brewed before being used. You can learn its brewing at the native village of The Sword Coast. There are four recipes that you can brew from the skill herbs which will increase some of your character’s attributes.
You can brew Fool’s juice also known as Jester’s cap at The Sword Coast’s native village. For brewing this recipe the ingredients are; you will need one Jester’s cap, one Black Oleander and one monkey skull. It will increase all the talents that come under cunning category by two points permanently.
You can brew another recipe which is by name Sharpeye Paste. This recipe has to be bought from Di Silva who can be found at Inn at Caldera. You will need some ingredients to help Di Silva brew this recipe. These ingredients includes one Sharpeye, one Acid Glandand and one Powdered Poppy Seed. This recipe when consumed will help your character to increase two points for talents that are categorised under Firearms. This change will remain permanent.
You can brew Swordthorn Essence at Antigua from Emma. For brewing this recipe the ingredients are; you will need one Panther’s paw, one Choking Wine and one Swordthorn. It will increase all the talents that come under Firearms category by two points permanently.
Another recipe is Graveroot Extract which has to be purchased from Malaika at the native village of Maracai Bay. For brewing this recipe the ingredients are; you will need one Graveroot, one Bone and one Spirit Lily. It will increase all the talents that come under Voodoo category by two points permanently.
Locations of Skill Herbs
Risen 2: Dark Waters is an RPG game where character building is very important to proceed further in the game. For proper character building, one needs to have proper skills assigned properly to the character for their best effect. I can tell you the locations of the skill herbs that can be found on Hero’s crown island in Risen 2: Dark Waters.
1) On the first island that has Hero’s crown, you will find one in crystal cave. You won’t find any other herbs here, but also find many ofthe crystals can help you buy them. The location to learn brewing at the Sword Coast is exactly opposite to this cave. While entering the native village, you will be frisked of all you weapons and again be given them while leaving.
2) On this island, you will find Sword Coast herb on the hill that overlooks the Earth Temple. You will need to thoroughly search the hill as you might miss it easily.
3) You will also find one on the northwestern island in Antigua.
4) On Maracai Bay, on the eastern side of Angus you will find some cliffs. You need to climb them to find another Sword Coast herb.
5)On Thieves Island, the northern part is made up of many cliffs. You will need to climb these cliffs to reach the northernmost part of the island to find another Sword Coast herb.
6) On Antigua Island, you will find another Sword Coast near Garcia’s Treasure.
7) On Treasure Isle, the Mangrove Jungles is the part where you can also find one of the rarest items in the game, that is, the crown. After exiting the cave, on right side you will find a skull on stake. If you are facing the skull, then on the left side you will see an alligator. This alligator is protecting the crown which lies beside it. You need to kill the alligator before you pick up the crown.
The difficulty and importance of a finding Swordthorn herb is very effective in Risen 2: Dark Waters. I can help you with finding the Swordthorn in this game by revealing the locations of the Swordthorns in world of Risen 2: Dark Waters.
1) Outside the Harbor at Antigua, there is an exit of a cave which you must have come out to reach the Harbor. When facing towards the exit of the cave, on the left side you will find a Swordthorn on the ground.
2) One Thieves Island, you will find a Sword thorn in Slayne’s Cave and another one in the northernmost cave on this island.
3) Another Swordthorn can be found on the Isle of the Dead. It is found in the arena.
4) On Treasure Isle, you can find a Swordthorn in the valley of the Monkey Trap.
5) On Maracai Bay, you will again find two Swordthorns. The first one is located down the valley where you meet the habib. Instead of turning towards keep going straight and you are bound to find the Swordthorn. Another one of the Swordthorn is located at the entrance of the Hidden Valley.
6) The most difficult Swordthorn to find in Risen 2: Dark Waters is situated at place near Vasco’s Tower. It is found on the hill where you will find a boar protecting a chest.
7) I found another Swordthorn on the Sword Coast, but I failed to note down it location. Also the place didn’t have anything noticeable which I can tell you as a landmark.
Graveroot is another ingredient in some recipes and thus you need to find it too. Finding these skill herbs in this game is very hard and needs a good amount of patience to find them. I have found all the Graveroots and I can share their locations with you.
1) You need to visit the Ghoul camp on the Tacirigua. Search the edge of this island. At one point you will see a connecting island; this is where you need to search for the Graveroot.
2) There are two Graveroots that you can find on The Sword Coast. The location of the first one is at the tower which you will find if you travel uphill along the river. Here you will need to enter the Bat cave for getting the Graveroot. Another one is located inside the Jaguar Cave.
3) You will also find a Graveroot in the graveyard of the Antigua. Again on the Isle of Dead, you will find two Graveroots. The first Graveroot is found near Thief’s Temple and the second one can be found in the easternmost part of the map.
4) The Graveroot on the Tresure Isle is located inside the caves that come after passing the Gorilla Valley.
5) Again there are two Graverrots that can be found on Maracai Bay. One is found in the Panther cave. The second Graveroot can be found at the secret valley. It is found near the secret treasure at the foot of the temple.
Sharpeye herbs are necessary when it comes to character building. Being part of some recipe, it is essential to find the Sharpeye herb to make use of other herbs and complete the brewing of the recipe.
1) There are two Sharpeye herbs on The Sword Coast which you need to find. One is located in the graveyard of The Sword Coast and another one is found on the beach of Puerta Isabella. I know that beach of Puerta Isabella is a very large area, but you need to scan the whole area to find the Sharpeye herb.
2) Another Sharpeye is found at the Mauregato’s House at Caldera.
3) On Antigua, you will again find a Sharpeye herb on the Southwestern most beaches.
4) On Thief’s Island you can find a Sharpeye herb on the hill which is in the northwest direction of the post. It won’t be difficult to find this herb as the area is small and much of its part is open.
5) Again there are three Sharpeye Herbs that can be found on the Maracai Bay. When you visit the Harlok, the path has many cliffs. You need to search each and every of this cliff to find the Sharpeye herb. It is easily found as you need to just climb the first cliff. The second Sharpeye can be found at the southernmost point of the map and the third Sharpeye herb can be found in the South-east area of the native Village.
Jester’s Cap is an necessary ingredient in some of the recipes like Fool’s juice. It is also found in large number in Risen 2: Dark Waters. But it is also somewhat difficult to find them as they are well hidden and matched with the environment.
1) On The Sword Coast, you will find the Jester’s cap in the Earth Temple.
2) On Caldera, you will find it in Town Square.
3) In Antigua you will find two Jester’s cap herb. One in the Hobgoblin cave and another herb at the beach where the lookout tower is located.
5) On Thief’s Island you will find Sharpeye herb in the Slayne’s cave.
6) There are two Sharpeye herbs on the Isle of the Dead. One is found near the entrance of the Isle. The second one is found on the edge of cliff outside a house which can be found if you go in straight direction from north of the Thief’s Temple.
7) On Treasure Isle, you can find the herb in the cave complex that comes after going through the Gorilla valley.
8) You can also find Sharpeye herb on the Maracai Island. The place where you meet Habib, you need to go in the southwest direction and then climb a mountain. This is where you will find the Sharpeye herb.
9) The one you need to find on the Tacarigua has a different method than regular just find and pick method. In the southern direction of the Pirates Large Gate, you will find a secret cave. There is no way to enter it. So you need to blow the cave using cannons. After blowing up the cave, you can enter the ruins to get the Sharpeye herb you need.
Many of the locations that I have mentioned for the locations of Sharpeye herb sound very easy when read. But as I mentioned before, they are difficult to find as the area is large and they are well hidden.
Re: Tips for finding Skill herbs in Risen 2: Dark Waters.
So according to the comments by above user who have found the hidden skill herbs in Risen 2: Dark Waters, it concludes that there are 9 Swordthorns, 8 Sharpeyes, 8 Hero's Crowns, 10 Jester's Caps and 9 Graveroots present in the game. After reading the data, why am I getting a feeling that all the skill herbs must be present in numbers that are rounded off? I mean to say, if there are 10 Jesterís Cap while number of other skill herbs are around 10, I think there must be more hidden skill herbs in the game. There can be one more Graveroot and Swordthorn. Also there can be two more Sharpeyes and Heroís crown hidden in the game that has not been found yet. I canít say for sure, but I think I will try to find them once I finish the game and find all the above mentioned hidden skill herbs myself.
|Tags: dark waters, deep silver, piranha bytes, risen 2, rpg game, skill herb|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Tips for finding Skill herbs in Risen 2: Dark Waters."|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Best sword on The Sword Coast and tips for Sabotage in Risen 2: Dark Waters||Love-Day||Video Games||5||12-05-2012 11:47 AM|
|List of locations of all skill herbs in Risen 2: Dark Waters||Elias Blackman||Video Games||1||11-05-2012 02:58 PM|
|What is need to have Risen 2 dark waters game||Sumeetay.Deol||Video Games||2||30-04-2012 09:46 PM|