Thread: Fix for iPhone 5 Wi-Fi issue

Fix for iPhone 5 Wi-Fi issue

I have found number of people having issues with iPhone 5 Wi-Fi, many have reported it to apple as well. Anyways I have a fix for all those people, one can improve their wifi by setting manual DNS on their devices and get rid of inconsistently slow wifi connection immediately.

• First download an Open-source DNS Benchmark Utility called namebench on your system to find out the fastest DNS servers at your location. It will just take a couple of minute for this application to come up with fastest DNS servers around.
    • Once you get list of DNS servers, you can grab your phone, Open Settings, tap on “Wi-Fi”, tap blue arrow near connected Wi-Fi network
    • After that tap next to “DNS” for adjusting DNS entry and run Speed Test to check out if it has made difference for you or not.

One can use below DNS servers as well:
    • Google DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    • OpenDNS servers: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Re: Fix for iPhone 5 Wi-Fi issue

Hey thanks for the fix, previously I was getting 2.92 Mbps – Download speed but after changing DNS server to 8.8.8.8 I was able to get 14.71 Mbps download speed but I don’t know why same thing did not worked out for my friend.

It did not worked for me, My iphone 5 is facing lot of difficulty in connecting my home wi fi network. I have gone through a number of threads where people have reported this issue, some of them have mentioned that this is because of hardware issue where as some has mentioned that this is because of software issue. I am at complete loss by now, I did not expected this from iphone 5. I really want them to come up with a fix for this soon. I have tried changing dns server to Google DNS servers as well as OpenDNS servers but they are not making any difference in my case.

AdamClark Guest

My wifi issue has been fixed after I jailbreak my phone.