Thread: How to install adobe reader in ubuntu 11.04

How to install adobe reader in ubuntu 11.04

There are many PDF readers available on internet to use in Ubuntu but there are many people who prefer to use Adobe reader. Probably because it offers a Firefox plugin, because coming from Windows will always try to have the same software. Adobe Reader also has a variety of tools, such as zoom, text selection, hands, etc. Copy text (if permitted by the document) and print, if desired. In this how to I will explain you steps to install adobe reader in ubuntu.

Perform these steps to install Adobe reader.

• You have to first click on Power button and then choose system setting.

• Now you have to select system from groups and then open ubuntu software center.

• Now click on reach and then you have to type ‘Adobe Reader’ there.

• After doing that you have to select software sources option from edit menu and then select other software’s tab. After that you will see the “Canonical Partners” and “Canonical Partners (Source code)” option and you have to tick the boxes.

With help of below command you will be able to add Ubuntu Partners repository. You should first click on add butting and then enter the code

Code:
    deb http://canonical.ubuntu.com/ubuntu natty partner

Re: How to install adobe reader in ubuntu 11.04

Thank you for proving steps to install adobe reader. I was using evince software in ubntu but adobe reader has many good feature and user friendly interface and with the help of this steps I have installed it in my system. I want to use Adobe air also in my system. if you can provide me steps for it then it will be great thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Moli View Post
    Thank you for proving steps to install adobe reader. I was using evince software in ubntu but adobe reader has many good feature and user friendly interface and with the help of this steps I have installed it in my system. I want to use Adobe air also in my system. if you can provide me steps for it then it will be great thank you in advance.
    AS you have mentioned that want to know steps to install Adobe air in your system and that is why I would like to tell you that you should first open terminal and then download Adobe Air executable with below code.

Code:
    wget http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/latest/AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    Now you need to change the permission of the adobe air excitable file. To change the file permission you have to enter below command.

Code:
     sudo chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    Now with the help of below command you have to install Adobe air.

Code:
    sudo ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
    if you face any problem with adobe air installation then let me know.

I have referred your solution and then tried to install Adobe air in my system but after entering the sudo ./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin command for installing adobe air it says missing gnome-keyring. I don’t know how to fix this issue. I have tried to fix this issue by downloading the adobe air file again and installing it but I get same problem. now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

I am aware of this problem. To get rid of this missing missing gnome-keyring problem you have to enter below command and then your problem will get solved.
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0 /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0 /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0