Today we offer this guide to install on your Nokia N9 alternative web browser that almost everyone uses. We have translated the information to facilitate the work, so if interested in having an alternative browser to the default Nokia gives you just follow the step by step instructions that we report below, and if something should be clear your bearings with the steps that we propose below. One essential thing that must be specified at the start is that the version of the browser to Meego has not yet been certified by Nokia so you can install only through X-Terminal.
- Activate the developer mode on your Nokia N9 by going into Settings> Security> Developer Mode;
- Download directly from your N9 enclosed the file at bottom of page or alternatively you can download from your pc and transfer it to your phone via USB cable;
- Launch X-Terminal clicking on the icon that is present in the application menu of your N9;
- Access as root by typing "devel-su" (enter), and entering "rootme" (send) as the password;
- Navigate to the Downloads directory using this command: "cd / home / user / MyDocs / Downloads (if you have transferred the file via cable access to the folder where you have copied from the PC);
- Now start the installation using the following command: "dpkg-i * operamobile
- Wait a few seconds and then you start Opera directly from your Nokia N9.
In case you want to uninstall total application proceed, always in developer mode, running the following commands from Terminal x-always with root permissions:
- dpkg-r operamobile (for an uninstall 'soft')
- dpkg-P operamobile (for uninstalling the 'complete')