Tips to unlock the bootloader and root the HTC One V
Here is a simple step for you all which will make you understand how to unlock the bootloader of the phone and also root it as well. I have collected the information from various sources and writing it down for you. Before starting up with the process I want to warn you that this steps will work out or won?t work out. I shouldn?t be blamed for this. try this procedure at your own risk.
Firstly you need to get the official RUU for your HTC One V. you can get the official RUU from here
Now let?s begin with the unlocking of Bootloader
1) First of all you need to create a account in HTCDEV. So go to their official site and get an account there.
2) Get the fastboot attachment that I have given to you below. Download it. Make a separate folder for that attachment in C drive and extract the attachment out there only.
3) Visit the HTCDev unlock bootloader you need to select all the supported models option and then select ?begin unlock bootloader".
4) Now switch off the phone for some time and start again by pressing the power and volume down button together. Highlight Fastboot with the help of a volume + or ? button.
5) Now plugin the phone to your system with the help of a usb cable. As soon as you plugin the phone to the pc. Open up the command prompt in the system and write down the following command ?CD?. This command is used to create a new directory in any of your disk. So as I said above you have stored the fastboot in c drive then put the command as ?cd c:\fastboot?.
6) Once you have written that now add the command as ?fastboot oem get_identifier_token?
7) Having done that. I suppose you are logged in to the HTCDev Website now if you are in there then do copy out the 9th step that is given there in the unlocking of the bootloader and paste it with the identifier into the box which is given at the bottom of the page.
8) So when you submit it you will get a message that you will be getting a email with Unlock_code.bin attached. All the necessary instructions after this will also be given in the mail only.
9) Check your inbox and then download the Unlock_code.bin attachment and save it in the same folder in which you have extracted the fastboot file.
10) Now type the following command in the command prompt ?fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin?. you will get a different display. Press volume + and ? to confirm the changes.
11) Once you are done with the confirmation. I can say that you have successfully rooted the phone.
Note: before beginning with the unlocking of the bootloader you will have to keep a backup of all the data and the applications in your pc for safety purpose because once you have unlocked the bootloader all your data and apps will be lost from the phone. so make sure you do a backup in your PC.
Re: Tips to unlock the bootloader and root the HTC One V
Now its time to start rooting the phone with the help of a SuperBoot. Follow the steps that I am giving you out here it is a very simple process.
1) To begin with the rooting you will require a r1-primo-superboot . So I have given you the download link out here. Download that file and save it in your PC.
2) If you want then you can also download boot.superboot.img as well. you can save it in the same place where you had downloaded r1-primo-superboot.
3) Having done that switch off the phone for sometime and then on it by holding the power button with the volume button.
4) Highlight Fastboot With Volume + or - then press Power
5) Next connect the phone to the PC, and search for ?install-superboot-windows.bat? if you find it then double click on the ?install-superboot-windows.bat? file. The file will begin with the process. Once the process gets completed the phone will reboot on its own.
6) Now in the app drawer check out for the SuperSU icon, click it and then update the SU binary. That?s the last step that you need to follow and nothing else. You have successfully rooted the HTC One V.
|Tags: android phone, bootloader, htc, one v, root, smartphone|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Tips to unlock the bootloader and root the HTC One V"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to unlock bootloader of LG Optimus 4X HD?||Vigil Vishwakarma||Portable Devices||3||14-01-2014 09:42 AM|
|Root Xperia neo 2.3.3 with locked Bootloader||Emiliana||Portable Devices||10||09-09-2011 10:34 PM|
|How to unlock a bootloader on Evo3D?||Edi||Portable Devices||5||25-06-2011 06:15 AM|
|Is it possible to root Xperia Play with a locked bootloader||Sach-Het||Portable Devices||6||16-05-2011 04:35 PM|
|Unlock Bootloader 5.09||Sheena_thakkar||Portable Devices||7||09-07-2010 01:12 PM|